PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Footing - Best Place to Find it on the Cheap?

Chef Jade
Aug. 8, 2011, 09:05 PM
Anyone know where to look for some rubber footing to add to our existing footing without having to go through a $$$ distributor?
Do people ever over-buy and have some extra bales laying around they need to get rid of?

Calvincrowe
Aug. 8, 2011, 09:29 PM
Check Craigslist? Maybe see if other barns need/want to share with you=buy in bulk and save??

I know shipping would be ridiculous, but Rubber Granulators in Marysville, WA sells it by the ton bag ($225/ton to $250ish/ton).

mronthebit
Aug. 8, 2011, 09:41 PM
Might want to check any dairy farm supply places in your area and ask about used stall mats or seconds. Also might want to check around and see about any tie stall dairies (if any) that have recently sold the cows.

pony grandma
Aug. 8, 2011, 09:45 PM
I got it free, and delivered free! 3 tri-axle loads from the parks and rec b/c they were changing out the playgrounds in town from particle rubber to smooth sheet rubber for handicapped access. Timing was everything. They were thrilled to not have to pay hazardous dumping charges! We had to pick out some cigarette butts but it has lasted for yrs.

BarnBrat
Aug. 9, 2011, 10:22 AM
Back in highschool a friends dad worked at a tire factory. I was able to get a huge crate of the little rubber nubbs for free. There was some scrap trash and such in the crate...so care must be taken when spreading it out. But it worked great!

Chef Jade
Aug. 9, 2011, 03:38 PM
Fabulous ideas!

I was thinking about ordering from a playground supplier, because as soon as anyone believes any product will be used in an equestrian capacity, the price doubles.

Is the playground material typically the same type of stuff used in footing?

slantedhorse
Sep. 22, 2011, 07:22 AM
I think it's more for playground because of safety

Watermark Farm
Sep. 22, 2011, 04:23 PM
I bought mine direct from West Coast Rubber Recycling (http://www.groundrubber.com/) in Hollister, CA.

It came to me loose in a huge end dump.