PDA

View Full Version : Unexamined but Important Issues in Eventing

retreadeventer
Aug. 7, 2011, 11:36 PM
Denny - how are you doing? We are worried about you. Your injury happening at at event, and it being so serious. You are important to us.

Neville Bardos - he's BACK. And on track for Burghley, and hopefully, as a USET event squad horse for the Olympics, and look what Boyd Martin has gone through this year. Neville is important and we need to discuss this remarkable horse's great comeback and continued hope for his success.

Woodburn -- what a great loss for American eventing, this horse was without a doubt the best cross country horse in our country and possibly the world. Phillip does have a good string but this is a great loss and we have no idea what will replace him. How really stunning and important this loss is to our team prospects!

Burghley entries! These are the ones from which we'll pick the Olympic team! And Richland -- the Pan Am team! We have lots of important things in the sport to be discussing. Can we get to those issues now?

VicariousRider
Aug. 8, 2011, 12:48 AM
Neville and Thomas's (Ying Yang Yo) simultaneous comebacks must be so rewarding for Boyd. After all of the tragedy that Boyd and Silva have been through this spring and summer it must be amazing for him to be enjoying success with such old, wonderful friends! If Nev really does return to his pre-fire form that syndicate may have some seriously lucrative publication rights! I smell a blockbuster! KICK ON BOYDIE AND NEV!!

snoopy
Aug. 8, 2011, 02:25 AM
Gosh, are all these "issues"?

gold2012
Aug. 8, 2011, 07:52 AM
Denny, how ARE you doing?

As for the rest, lol, good for Boyd, so sad about Woodburn.

I don't know as they are issues, but it is nice for them. In the past year, I had a fire in September that destroyed everything, have moved four times, my son had a seizure where he almost died, had my truck have major breakdowns, 4 to be exact just coming back from Colorado, and lost my Dad the same week as Boyd lost his.:no:

So, I can totally relate to thier pain....with the exception that no one really knew about most of it till now, so I had privacy. I dunno about Boyd and Phillip, but would like for this year to move along!

As for Pan Ams, due to Dad, had to miss out on Bromont, so don't get to try for Pan Ams, but the will be other competitions!

Denny, hope you are doing better!!!!!

BigRuss1996
Aug. 8, 2011, 09:03 AM
This was posted this morning on Denny's farm's Facebook wall by his wife May ....

"Denny has asked me to tell everyone that although his accident resembles that of Christopher Reeves he has not suffered the neurological damage that Chris did. His prognosis for a virtually full recovery appears to be expected and he wants you to know how very, very much your kind thoughts, prayers, and wishes are meaning to him. We will keep you updated as he improves, but he is requesting to have no visitors or phone calls at this time. We will let you know when he is feeling up to either." - May

Gold2012 - I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad 8 yrs ago and it's very hard and definately life changing.
You are correct in that having privacy helps alot unfortunately due to internet and peoples curious natures most high profile riders, etc don't get much privacy and when they do then they are subjected to everyones guessing what's going on with them.... so you can't win.
Having grown up and spent most of my life on the inside of that life I truely feel for them but I guess that's the price they pay for greatness. I personally don't get the need to know half the stuff people feel they are entitled to know about but I guess I haven't been in that position so I probably won't ever get it.

I am SO happy for Boyd that Neville seems to be "back" and on his game...

As for Team selections who knows where they will end up drawing the final decisions from but there are quite a few nice options at the moment...

CANTEREOIN
Aug. 8, 2011, 12:53 PM
I watched his XC and SJ. He looked fantastic. My friend saw him go at WEG and had concerns about his future - thought he had reached his limits. She was with me and was wowed at how great he looked.

It was also great to see Buck and Reggie have a good go... They looked relaxed together and in charge.

mustangsal85
Aug. 8, 2011, 05:49 PM
What is the end goal in Boyd re-partnering with Ying Yang Yo? I thought he had a new rider/owner but I can't remember. I love them together!!

mustangsal85
Aug. 8, 2011, 05:56 PM
What is the end goal in Boyd re-partnering with Ying Yang Yo? I thought he had a new rider/owner but I can't remember. I love them together!!

fooler
Aug. 8, 2011, 06:12 PM
So happy Denny has a positive prognosis for what is essentially a life ending injury!! :) And based on posts from our COTH 'C" conquerors (you didn't just survive), Denny has a good chance of spending the rest of his life at his choosing.

Gold2012 - my heart goes out to you. Losing your Dad, moves plus equipment problems in a short time is tough. The last couple of years have been tough for our family as well - hugs.

BigRuss - you are correct, we don't need to know everything about every public person. May's updates provide us all the information we need. She and Denny need time to adjust to his injury and make a plan for his recovery.

Like Boyd's friend said after his 2010 fall event. We are worried about dropping a rail, chosing a team or a rich,kid getting another horse while someone on the other side of the world is trying to survive until tomorrow.

gold2012
Aug. 8, 2011, 06:23 PM
Thanks Fooler, you know, sometimes it feels good to be heard, and acknowledged. I hope it gets easier for ou and I both soon. These here shoulders are getting kinda saggy.....as are other things....lol!

fooler
Aug. 8, 2011, 06:30 PM
Thanks Fooler, you know, sometimes it feels good to be heard, and acknowledged. I hope it gets easier for ou and I both soon. These here shoulders are getting kinda saggy.....as are other things....lol!

There are days I really, really hate the mirror :lol::eek::yes:

Ajierene
Aug. 8, 2011, 07:00 PM
Gosh, are all these "issues"?

I was thinking the same thing. News, maybe...issues...not seeing that.