PDA

View Full Version : 1991 sundowner 4 horse w/ full lq for under ten thousand

suz
Aug. 7, 2011, 09:15 PM
so i just found this ad, called the guy and he says it's in barely used condition, stored inside, no rust or leaks and his price is under ten grand.

i should go tomorrow with cash, shouldn't i?

or is there some horrible thing wrong with this year/model sundowner?

Guilherme
Aug. 7, 2011, 10:43 PM
It's a twenty year old trailer with all the possible problems that a twenty year old trailer can bring. :sadsmile:

Then there's the Sundowner problems. I think most are in later units (after 2000) but I'm not sure.

It never hurts to look. Wear your "grubbies" and take your flashlight and go and look "where the Sun doesn't shine." ;)

If it's sound of frame then you can look at other things (like water systems, propane systems, electrical systems, etc.) that are peculiar to an LQ trailer.

G.

babecakes
Aug. 7, 2011, 11:42 PM
I have a 1996 4h Sundowner w/ LQ and I have had zero problems with it. The floor under the mats looks like new. I do pull them up once a year and clean. The thing is a warrior for the use we've put on it. The earlier Sundowner trailers are real gems. Don't let anyone here scare you off!

CDE Driver
Aug. 8, 2011, 10:21 AM
I have a '93 w/ LQ that I also have had no problems with structurally or in the LQ. I do maintain it pretty meticulously and take good care of it.

JCS
Aug. 8, 2011, 10:55 AM
Just don't send a deposit or anything until you have the trailer hooked up. I've seen some Craigslist scams advertising "too good to be true" deals on really nice trailers... that don't exist. :) Good luck!

Swale01
Aug. 8, 2011, 11:04 AM
I used to have a Sundowner (a '97) and I did not have issues with it. I believe (from reading random internet postings about it) that the 'problem years' where the coating created unusual problems were model years from 1999 to 2003....

suz
Aug. 8, 2011, 03:24 PM
well we went to see it and wow, my defination of barely used and in excellent condition is so very differant from the seller's. plus the full lq turned out to be home made toilet closet and some cabinets.
ick, no thanks!