PDA

View Full Version : Say hello to Jake!

Rollie Pollie
Aug. 7, 2011, 10:08 PM
I took some pics at River Glen this weekend... the place was beautiful and I love going to events! So much more fun than what I'm used to. Jake was such a good boy for his first Training run. Leah did a great job and I'm so proud of them both. I really wanted to get some jumping photos, but I was so nervous watching that I couldn't bring myself to look through the lens. I only caught one of them galloping to the water :)

He was a little confused by my behavior! So precious: http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k146/kt08d/Jake%20Gone%20Eventing/P1020873.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k146/kt08d/Jake%20Gone%20Eventing/P1020872.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k146/kt08d/Jake%20Gone%20Eventing/P1020879.jpg

Dressage test: http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k146/kt08d/Jake%20Gone%20Eventing/P1020902.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k146/kt08d/Jake%20Gone%20Eventing/P1020967.jpg

Can't wait to get back in the saddle myself! Did everyone who went have fun?

Cruiser12
Aug. 8, 2011, 10:40 PM
So handsome!

AEM74
Aug. 8, 2011, 10:52 PM
Ahhhh, how funny....I know (of) you! My family is from Tampa and I used to live there too. My gelding and I boarded and trained with Leah....really enjoyed my time at Citrus Oaks. Now I'm back up north but I keep up with Leah on Facebook and through her website. I saw that she was at RG this past weekend. Your guy is Aquarius right? He's just gorgeous. I can see why you're eager to get back in the saddle.

Best to you and Jake....and tell Leah that Amy and Face say hi. :cool:

whicker
Aug. 8, 2011, 11:19 PM
He's ADORABLE!!!

I wanna follow you both! We need lots more tidbits to be proper groupies. :winkgrin:

Hevonen
Aug. 9, 2011, 12:23 AM
He's lovely! What a fantastic trot! Glad you had such a good time, RG is a good venue! And (assuming your horse is indeed Aquarius) congrats on your clear stadium round, that course claimed more than a few victims. :D

It was my boy's first Training run too (and mine!) And we had a great time! Not a fabulous dressage test, but only one rail in stadium. Darn that orange vertical! We had a stop at the down bank (I was so excited that we got over the ditch, and took the bank for granted), but overall it was a great run!

Where are you and your boy headed next? :)

Rollie Pollie
Aug. 9, 2011, 11:42 AM
Thanks everyone!! I'm kind of obsessed with him. He's such a big goofy cuddler.

AEM74: How weird! I will certainly tell her. Leah is the BEST!

Hevonen: That stadium course was so funky! Leah's intermediate horse, Will, even had a rail and he's had something like 17 straight clean rounds. Crazy. Congrats on your first training! Who is your horse?

Yep, this is Aquarius. He's an 11 year old, 16.2 Oldenburg who I bought in 2005 from Don Stewart. He was my junior hunter. Initially we had planned to sell him after I finished high school and was able to finally reach my goal of competing at 3'6. Well... around that time, the economy tanked, so long story short, we decided to keep him for the time being rather than take a big loss.

After a series of weird events, Jake finally decided around January this year that he'd had enough of the hunters and was making it very clear he was no longer happy. I ended up getting back in touch with Leah, who I trained with during my Pony Club years, and explained to her all about Jake. We decided to send him to her for awhile to see how he'd like eventing.

Well, he LOVES it!! For a horse that's literally never been out of a ring, he's been so incredibly brave and hard working. He's such an amazing horse-- very logical, likes to figure stuff out, never tries anything funky. I don't think the horse even knows how to buck. Anyways, Leah's done awesome things with him and he's the happiest and soundest I think he's ever been. River Glen was his first move to training and he had a great dressage score (31.8 I believe) and a clear stadium round. XC was a little more challenging-- the jump judge scared him at one fence, and he wasn't sure what to do at the water, but once he figured it out he went over the scary log fine.

Wow, ok, I guess that's a lot of details haha. I get so excited talking about him because he's been such an amazing horse for me. He's still technically for sale but since he's been blossoming so much, we aren't really pushing it. My poor parents... they never knew what they were getting into when they bought me that first Grand Champion plastic horse in preschool...

Instead of going to Full Gallop in two weeks, we're giving him a little break and instead doing some local stuff until some other recognized events come around. I won't be able to go to FG to help out Leah because it's my first week back to school (for the last time--eeek!), so it seemed like a good time for a rest. He deserves it :)

evntr5218
Aug. 9, 2011, 12:19 PM
hes gorgeous!!!! looks like you guys are going to be the pair to watch out for!!! good luck with him :)

Hevonen
Aug. 9, 2011, 02:43 PM
I actually liked the stadium, I thought it was fun! But it was rather tricksy. My horse is Moonlight Chaser in the Sr. Training Rider division. (Yes, the name sounds like a fourteen year old girl picked it... he came with it! Haha) Normally our dressage is better, but hey, we'll get there! :)

That's awesome that your horse is having a good time eventing! You guys should come up to the September Poplar Place show... that's probably our next show!

Rollie Pollie
Aug. 9, 2011, 05:51 PM
I actually liked the stadium, I thought it was fun! But it was rather tricksy. My horse is Moonlight Chaser in the Sr. Training Rider division. (Yes, the name sounds like a fourteen year old girl picked it... he came with it! Haha) Normally our dressage is better, but hey, we'll get there! :)

That's awesome that your horse is having a good time eventing! You guys should come up to the September Poplar Place show... that's probably our next show!

Haha I once had a mare named Stellar By Starlight... I can only imgine the behind-my-back snickering!

I really want to go to Poplar. Leah likes it there so hopefully we will make the trip. Good luck to you and your boy!