PDA

View Full Version : Anyone experienced with Jeffries JMX fit?

SEPowell
Aug. 7, 2011, 10:58 AM
Hi,
I'm considering this saddle for a tb with a n/m looong wither and also a curvy back as opposed to a flat back and she has a big strong shoulder. I had a flyover and it was a bit flattish for this mare plus it tended to interfere with her shoulder a bit even when set back (probably b/c it tended to scooch forward). How does it fit a curvey back? Is there any shoulder interference?

Any experiences and feedback would be greatly appreciated.
TIA :)

lurker
Aug. 7, 2011, 11:33 AM
I have one! My horse is a T-bred but built big and beefy. Almost quarterhorse like in his shoulders. I LOVE the way it fits him. I have had a huge problem finding jump saddles that fit his 2 different shoulders. Both are big but his right front foot is a little clubby and it carries all the way up to his shoulder. He is also not flat backed. I bought a brand new one and I bought it from the rep so I see him at shows and he has adjusted it accordingly as I broke it in.

LOVE it.

Lone
Aug. 7, 2011, 02:49 PM
I had a JMX for my narrow OTTB mare and I LOVED it. I can't attest to how it would fit a curvy back, but my mare never had any shoulder interference issues. It's an amazingly comfortable saddle and great quality. I bought it from a Jeffries rep so it included a custom fitting for my mare.

I wouldn't hesitate to get another JMX again in the future!

Clementine
Aug. 8, 2011, 07:05 PM
I just purchased a Jeffries JMX and I LOVE it! I tried about 10 different saddles (Devacoux, Jeffries Flyover, Amerigo, Stubbens, Kieffers, etc, etc, etc.) on my high/long withered, broad-shouldered TB and while the JMX is not a "perfect" fit I think it is as close as I will get without going for a custom. He moves much more comfortably in this saddle than he has in any of the others I tried. It also puts me in an excellent jumping position and galloping position is sooooo comfortable! Highly reccomend this saddle! :)