Aug. 7, 2011, 10:00 AM
Any feedback on these saddles?

Petstorejunkie
Aug. 7, 2011, 10:35 AM
I've only heard of a Keiffer Wein
my favorite keiffer is the lusitano :cool:

alibi_18
Aug. 7, 2011, 11:16 AM
The Rhein is an older model and has been replaced by the Athen Olympic. (as per Kieffer website)

What do you want to know about this saddle?
If you have a serial number, you could email Kieffer directly and get more info from them also.

mzm farm
Aug. 7, 2011, 11:37 AM
They have an open seat, velcro-in the knee blocks. Fits wide backs, wide across the withers well. I had one - hated it, a friend tried it and loved it so much she ended up buying it.

It is an older model and hard to find, especially in very good condition.

islgrl
Aug. 7, 2011, 01:33 PM
I rode in one years ago when they were first available. I loved it then. Now, due to some back problems I find all Keiffers to deep for me.

trainingtree
Aug. 7, 2011, 06:17 PM
They are nice saddles. Deeper seat than the Wein. I liked the removable knee rolls (underneath the flap with velcro, like a pocket). I was lucky and bought mine for $200 in perfect shape and sold it for $500.

JCS
Aug. 8, 2011, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the replies! This was just what I was looking for. I was bidding on one on eBay and the seller didn't offer much of a description. I know the Keiffer Weins are well liked, so I'm hopeful this one will work for me. I've been looking for a good but inexpensive dressage saddle for a while now. Just won this one for $350! :D I'm so excited to get it and try it out. Now, off to shop for a girth, leathers, stirrups, and a black bridle.... Wheeee!