PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Got Scores From River Glen?

RunForIt
Aug. 6, 2011, 08:27 PM
My goodness but "instant scoring" has spoiled me! :D Would love to hear how the Intermediate and Prelim divisions went today if anyone is privy to the scoring. Also Training - I think KBG Eventer did her first Training on her lovely Tiamo. THANKS!!! :cool:

gold2012
Aug. 6, 2011, 09:37 PM
Me too! Getting spoiled having instant scores. You coordinating aec volunteers this year?

KBG Eventer
Aug. 6, 2011, 10:12 PM
RunForIt, I appreciate the enthusiasm! :D We were planning on doing our first Training together, but Ti pulled a shoe last weekend and is still sore. I was at my trainer's farm, and their farrier is great and came out 3 times to work on him. We tried everything, but it just needs a little time. :( We probably won't be back out until the end of October because I'm starting college in a couple of weeks.

ETA: So now I'm looking for scores too!

RunForIt
Aug. 6, 2011, 10:47 PM
Me too! Getting spoiled having instant scores. You coordinating aec volunteers this year?

noop - just going out to cheer and shop and hold horses and play with friends from far away places...all the stuff I DIDN'T get to do last year! Are you coming again? If so, I'll be sure to find you!!! You and granddaughter were the very best!!! :D :cool:

gold2012
Aug. 7, 2011, 12:01 AM
Thanks! Yup shelled out the bucks. Ended up having to forego Richmond. Dad died and just having tough time getting back into swing of things now. Plus this awful heat!!! So starting back by going AECs. Will look for you, and thanks! We had a lot of fun!

RunForIt
Aug. 7, 2011, 04:12 PM
Thanks! Yup shelled out the bucks. Ended up having to forego Richmond. Dad died and just having tough time getting back into swing of things now. Plus this awful heat!!! So starting back by going AECs. Will look for you, and thanks! We had a lot of fun!

:D:):D:):D:):D :yes: :cool:

JMarcyQuay
Aug. 8, 2011, 07:01 PM
Results!
http://www.river-glen.com/pdf/rght22011results.pdf

Almost Heaven
Aug. 8, 2011, 11:15 PM
Wow, River Glen always has stadium rails and XC time drive the upper level results, and this weekend was certainly no different!

subk
Aug. 9, 2011, 10:19 AM
Who were the course designers?

cllane1
Aug. 9, 2011, 11:19 AM
More than half of the Sr Training Rider division had jump faults on cross country. Does anyone know if it was a particular fence, or what?

Rollie Pollie
Aug. 9, 2011, 12:19 PM
More than half of the Sr Training Rider division had jump faults on cross country. Does anyone know if it was a particular fence, or what?

I saw a lot of problems at the water (my horse included) because it was kind of a scary in. The fence itself was inviting enough but it sort of just dropped off blind into the water. Lots of issues there.

Also, it was really hard to make time in the upper levels. Given how hilly it was, it wasn't exactly safe to gallop sideways down a mini mountain lol.

Loooots of stadium issues too-- I saw one intermediate horse have 40 faults. A lot of people were saying it was because of the footing, which felt kind of hard. I don't really know. It seemed to me the course was just kind of an odd ride.

It was still a really fun event though! No bagpipes but the dog races Saturday night were hysterical. I never saw any of that at HITS or WEF ;)

Hevonen
Aug. 9, 2011, 02:36 PM
I was one of those senior training riders, and our issue was the down bank. It was pure rider error though, we made it over the ditch and I relaxed too much and he just peeked and stopped. We had a bit of an issue at the water too, not a stop but he looked. I didn't really think it was that looky of a fence. We schooled after the show ended and I just didn't ride it the way I should have when I was on course.

I think the ditch might have caused issues too? It is brand new and looked it, but I'm not sure. I do know there was one other stop at the down bank, right after me.

groom
Aug. 9, 2011, 03:12 PM
Who were the course designers?

http://useventing.com/competitions.php?section=calendar&event=14767

SuperOtto
Aug. 9, 2011, 03:21 PM
It was still a really fun event though! No bagpipes but the dog races Saturday night were hysterical. I never saw any of that at HITS or WEF ;)

There were bagpipes - at about 7:45 AM Sunday morning, right in front of the warmup ring :)

Rollie Pollie
Aug. 9, 2011, 04:04 PM
There were bagpipes - at about 7:45 AM Sunday morning, right in front of the warmup ring :)

Dang it!! I was up and about, don't know how I missed it :(

subk
Aug. 9, 2011, 05:42 PM
http://useventing.com/competitions.php?section=calendar&event=14767
Saw that, but I'm still not finding the course designers...

groom
Aug. 9, 2011, 06:16 PM
Saw that, but I'm still not finding the course designers...

TD: Karin Bishop, WAJudges: Pres: Mary Lewis, GA; Ana Schravesande, TX CD:X-C: Roger Haller, GA SJ: Tracy Bise

I think they brought in Mindy Friesen to TD when they figured out that Mary Lewis, who is a R Dressage judge, only has a "r" Eventing license. And Karen became the Pres. Or something to that effect.

I also thought you had to be licensed to design stadium at the Intermediate level, but can't find Tracy Bise in the directory of officials. Was that rule change just proposed, or not yet in effect?