PDA

View Full Version : TSC sales...

Alagirl
Aug. 6, 2011, 06:47 PM
ah, just made a trip to my local store.
I was looking for small snaps and such, I have been volunteered to make tornado necklaces and junk...needs hardware...

ANYHOW...I found some nice things on sale...if you need neon colored muck tubs in a 2fer deal or a set of four BRIGHT buckets...:lol:

Got my mom a navajo weave saddle blanket so she can look at it and see if she can doublicate it on her loom....9 bucks for the 30x60 single weave....

Dressage.For.Life.
Aug. 6, 2011, 10:04 PM
I also saw the neon muck tubs on closeout at my local TSC just yesterday.

I was actually thinking about starting up another thread today because my TSC will indeed still price match. In fact, they even price matched an online shop for Endure fly spray (w/out seeing a catalog--they said to bring one next time, though). TSC had a quart (my store no longer carries the gallon size of Endure) priced at just under $25, and I had found it for about $18. And, I had a $2 manufacture coupon (I just don't even bother with TSC's sales as they never seem to have them).

Here's a list of Farnam's current coupons:
http://www.farnamhorse.com/coupons.php

Also, has anyone's local Tractor Supply recently done away with a lot of inventory? As mine has just a fraction of all the equine and pet supplies, books and magazines, etc. that they used to have. :no:

shakeytails
Aug. 6, 2011, 10:06 PM
My TSC's clearance section had a bunch of helmets (can't remember what brand) for $19.99, regularly $59.

Alagirl
Aug. 6, 2011, 10:09 PM
they had the Troxel sport on clearance.
The horse section did seem a bit smaller, but I was in the store around Christmas....so I can't tell the difference.

Nes
Aug. 6, 2011, 10:28 PM
Ours has had a sale on all summer, it's been great for us, but rumour has it the store isn't doing well here...

Went in there the other day to get some fencing and my options were cow-sized fencing or chicken wire :no:.

rtrules
Aug. 7, 2011, 09:05 AM
I was just in our local TSC store yesturday and noticed the same thing. Our local store just moved to a new building about 1 week ago. The new store is really cramped and they have cut back their horse feed inventory significantly. It seems to be turning into a store that is targeting the general population with various basic retail items and limiting the farm and livestock products significantly. Our local store carries more varieties of bird feed than it does livestock feed combined. What's up with that?

Alagirl
Aug. 7, 2011, 01:37 PM
well, there are more people out there with insane big yards and birdfeeders than with other lifestock....

I would make them order the horse stuff when I knew I would need it...to pick it up in the store.

I guess they, too suffer from the online shopping....

Trevelyan96
Aug. 7, 2011, 09:42 PM
Our local one is still carrying a good selection of horse feeds, but has really cut back on the other supplies, like fly spray, etc.

My big find was some 3x4 rubber mats ro $20 that fit perfectly outside the stall doors to keep them from slipping on the concrete when they step out of their stalls. They're heavy enough not to move on their own, but light enough for me to move around.