PDA

View Full Version : Millbrook

hrslver
Aug. 6, 2011, 01:25 PM
Looking at the xc scores this am it would appear the track is either very hard to make time or the footing firm.
Most riders have time pernalties.
Does anyone know if Lisa Marie Ferguson is the same rider that rode that Uni Griffon horse? The one she beat all the way back to the barn when he quit on her a few years back At Jersey and then collapsed on her and unfortunatley died somewhere later.
I see she is one of the fastest times on I believe her first ADV on a new mount?????

yellowbritches
Aug. 6, 2011, 01:33 PM
I don't know about Lisa Marie, but I did see on Stephen Bradley's Facebook last night that the ground is a bit hard so he was going to take it easy on his boys. It can be hard up there, despite the effort they put into it. As hot, hard, and dry as this summer has been, I am not surprised.

Man, I wish I was there! Love that event! :yes:

pegasusmom
Aug. 6, 2011, 02:18 PM
Word is the footing is quite firm despite the organizer's efforts. Absolutely thrilled with our boy - his first advanced outing. (and of course his rider!!:D)

3phase
Aug. 6, 2011, 03:12 PM
Yes, Lisa rode Uni. I'm so happy she's doing well on Smart Move!!!

atheventer85
Aug. 6, 2011, 05:26 PM
The ground at Millbrook is very hard. The crews here have been slaving, but when it hasn't rained recently, there's not much they can do. The course itself has never been easy, and never an easy one to make time on in the first place, though. The issues caused today were not anything major, and overall, it was a great day XC!