PDA

View Full Version : Easyboot Trail Probelm

rainechyldes
Aug. 5, 2011, 03:39 PM
I searched and found a few comments on these boots since they've come out, I've currently been trying these out. My issue is, I have twist happening on his right front. Now the boot fits to a tee, no spare room on the sole at all - anyone have any experience with why one would twist ? But not the other front?

I haven't tried yet vetwrapping his heel, I guess I'll try that as a next step.

also 2nd question - has anyone tried these for longer distances aside from the 1 1/2 hour time frame - I haven't yet, but curious.

wylde sage
Aug. 5, 2011, 10:48 PM
Just received my trails this week. No twisting but they both seem pretty large on my mare. I called Easy care and they suggested the insert pads (Boa pads) and were great to talk to about the problem. You might think about calling them, they suggested gaiters if I needed them for any chafing.

howardh
Aug. 6, 2011, 09:36 AM
Looks like easy boots are STILL not easy no matter how many models they come out with!

:l

5chestnuts
Aug. 6, 2011, 10:48 AM
I use the Gloves, and two of mine will twist those boots at a trot. It really all boils down to how they are putting that foot on the ground and what pressures they are applying when torquing that foot. Not sure what you can do when it is the 'way of going' that is causing the problem. Frustrating, to say the least.

I've never found a solution, and finally just decided a shod foot was the best alternative with those two. The others do great in boots and can go all day long with the boots in perfect alignment.

rainechyldes
Aug. 6, 2011, 10:34 PM
this horse normally wears epics on rides longer then 50 miles - he goes bare otherwise-
the trails were an experiment, as I wanted to test them out as an alternative for short sessions on the trail. the epics don't twist on him, so I'm wondering it its some design issue. Though apparently they are the same sole beneath, I guess it's just the fact you can't get the trails snug up onto the hoof the same as the other models.

rodandmicha
Nov. 3, 2011, 09:16 AM
I was told that they run large and if your measurements are borderline..order a size down. I'm on the verge of ordering a pair (size 3) to simply try them out...my friends all use the gloves and love them but I guess I'm just too lazy to mess around with the fit kit,etc.

katyb
Nov. 3, 2011, 11:26 AM
I use Gloves, and the power straps really help. I saw a demo putting athletic tape around the hoof to help add some stability. My only horse who needs boots also overstrides and paddles, so it's a challenge. She has really ripped up her right front coronary band with her right rear (long before I had her, but the scar tissue is obvious), so the boots are the only possible solution. Shoes would just make her more likely to hurt herself. I've added bell boots to help protect her leg/hoof.

shohanna
Nov. 3, 2011, 09:58 PM
I like Renegades and have been thru some pretty deep mud with no problem. The stay put and I like the way they fit. They are geared toward people who do more of a natural trim with a shorter toe, rounder foot. I wanted the Gloves but they didn't come in the right size for my girl.:no:

After tying several different brands :eek:, (I don't believe in shoes at all) I think that you just have to find the right boot for your horse and not one boot works for all.

AlfalfaGirl
Nov. 5, 2011, 10:58 AM
I use Easy Boot Gloves - I do not have a problem getting them on or off. Biscuit's front right one has come off twice - both times literally at a walk so can't say what made it come off.

I used them quiet a bit this summer letting a ugly spot on Biscuit's hoof grow out and they worked out perfect for us. Haven't tried any other types.