PDA

View Full Version : Easyboot Gloves over shoes

Ozalynda
Aug. 4, 2011, 04:40 PM
Is there any reason not to use Easyboot Gloves over shoes for extra sole protection on rocky trails?

Bogie
Aug. 4, 2011, 04:55 PM
Is there any reason not to use Easyboot Gloves over shoes for extra sole protection on rocky trails?

Never heard of riding in hoofboots over shoes. I'm curious to know whether you could fit them properly.

Why not just put on pads?

Ozalynda
Aug. 4, 2011, 05:02 PM
I tried on a pair of my easyboot on my mare over her shoes and they actually fit really well, and the nail "nubs" worked also to keep the boots secure.

Have only tried them longeing to see if they would stay on. I'll try it out on the trail tomorrow and see what problems might arise.

Pads are not so terribly healthy for the hoof, plus increase the chances of losing a shoe, especially in mud. Why not just boots? Her hooves were cracking in the summer hard ground.

5chestnuts
Aug. 4, 2011, 05:23 PM
Yes. While the sole is thick, the material is VERY thin at the top to be flexible enough to slip over the hoof. A shoe is much harsher than a bare hoof and can rip right through at the junction where the thin top meets the thicker sole.

Ask me how I know....

That is why the mfr cautions NOT to use them on a shod hoof. They are only designed for a bare hoof.

Best to just use a regular easyboot over a shod hoof. The metal prongs on the interior catch and hold a shoe, thus holding the boot on the hoof beautifully. Plus the sole of the regular easyboot is much more durable and more resilient against stones and gravel.

Ozalynda
Aug. 4, 2011, 05:27 PM
Hmmm, I do have a pair of "original" easyboots that might work. They are just such a PAIN to put on and take off...;)