PDA

View Full Version : It was 30 Years Ago..........

sk_pacer
Aug. 4, 2011, 02:51 PM
Story about the first Hambletonian at the Meadowlands:
http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/news/8-4-11/it-was-30-years-ago.html

Oh I remember the cheering for the hometown boy, and the number of people in the drivers' room for that 3 horse final heat.

sonomacounty
Aug. 4, 2011, 06:22 PM
Who do you like for this year's Hambo, SK? Oh, do you know what stations are covering it and what time?

Nothing more beautiful than a trotter . . .

sk_pacer
Aug. 4, 2011, 09:57 PM
I was kinda liking Pastor Stephen but he is on the outside so may not do too well from there.

The info is at both Standardbred Canada and USTA sites, somewhere, I think it said NBC. I am gonna have to look again on Saturday

lolalola
Aug. 8, 2011, 12:38 AM
According to the press kit, this is the last year of the contract for NBC to televise the Hambo and it's not being renewed for next year because NBC has the Olympics in that time period. HOPE a network picks it up. Was a great day, with George Brennan driving both the Hambo and Hambo Oaks winners.

sk_pacer
Aug. 8, 2011, 12:57 AM
I missed the whole thing - a nasty storm blew through here yesterday and my dish cut out. Hailed so bad in places they got the snowplows out to clear the roads - over a foot of hail.

laserRob
Aug. 14, 2011, 06:45 AM
Years ago I had a piece about how Shiaway St Pat went from Hambo winner to $2,000 claimers.

Gettin late now.......but it was a cool story.