PDA

View Full Version : another looking for information thread...

moodymaretoo
Aug. 4, 2011, 01:22 PM
It's been almost a month since my OTTB's only offspring ran.
Haven't been able to find any updates with searches..
I figure I'd post here, maybe someone knows someone who knows something or works somewhere etc etc.
The colt's name is Cellist, ran at Belmont early July...
on the back stretch pulled up and vanned off.
Didn't read like it was a good thing.
Can't say why it's important to me to know how Cellist is, it just is.

caffeinated
Aug. 4, 2011, 01:41 PM
And in his first start, too :(

I think the only way to find anything out would be if you can make contact with his connections. Either by contacting the racing office at Belmont or googling (http://local.yahoo.com/info-11290012-bruce-n-levine-training-stable-elmont)...

jennywho
Aug. 5, 2011, 12:32 AM
also try posting him at thoroughbredchampions.com under the whatever happened to section

moodymaretoo
Aug. 5, 2011, 12:35 AM
Thanks! I found the contact information for the trainer...
a bit nervous of calling some complete stranger saying something like "Um Hi.. can you tell me about horse that you are training etc etc"
Eeeek I even think I sound like a wackadoo
Thanks... I sense I will break down soon and dial the phone.

Bacchus
Aug. 5, 2011, 09:39 AM
Add him to a Virtual Stable through equibase.com. If he has works, etc., you'll be notified (it's free).

DiablosHalo
Aug. 5, 2011, 11:15 AM
If you are looking to offer the horse a home if he's injured - I would not hesitate to call the trainer.

If you are just wondering how the horse is - I'd be hesitant to call. If I was the trainer and got a phone call about my "vanned off" horse - and I said the horse was hurt and can no longer race... I would expect that caller was calling to offer him a home bc she knew he was vanned off and still called. If the caller said- oh sorry to hear that - that sucks - have a nice day. I'd be a little pissy.

But maybe that's just my mood today?

danceronice
Aug. 5, 2011, 11:24 AM
If you are looking to offer the horse a home if he's injured - I would not hesitate to call the trainer.

If you are just wondering how the horse is - I'd be hesitant to call. If I was the trainer and got a phone call about my "vanned off" horse - and I said the horse was hurt and can no longer race... I would expect that caller was calling to offer him a home bc she knew he was vanned off and still called. If the caller said- oh sorry to hear that - that sucks - have a nice day. I'd be a little pissy.

But maybe that's just my mood today?

Normally I'd agree, but in this case I could see one other reason, since the OP owns the horse's...dam? Sire? Not clear which, but in any case, it's their horse's offspring so espeically if it's a mare, it could be viewed as researching her get if they're thinking about breeding her again. THAT I think most trainers would probably understand.

I agree, though, pure rubbernecking would be obnoxious.