PDA

View Full Version : Trailer "delivery"/"sharing"

mzm farm
Aug. 3, 2011, 05:23 PM
I am considering purchasing a trailer on the east coast, I am in the midwest.
Looking for options to get the trailer from there to here.
I know I can have it shipped, like a car; but I was thinking perhaps of letting someone "use" it in order to get it from there to here? Opinions? How do I go about looking for such a situation? Considerations? How does one set it up?

DD_TrailerMan
Aug. 4, 2011, 10:26 AM
You could buy from a dealer that offers free shipping on new horse trailers.

www.DoubleDTrailers.com/Delivery.htm

I would not let someone use the horse trailer in exchange for delivery. There are too many things that could go wrong on your new horse trailer. We had a customer to leave with a new 3 horse gooseneck trailer, and while driving on the interstate, ran over something and broke a steering mechanism, causing the truck and gooseneck trailer to veer off road and hit a tree. Luckily, the horse trailer had minimal damage but wow, that is crazy.

Bartley Heath
Buy 3H Gooseneck Trailers (http://www.doubledtrailers.com/safetack_3_Horse_Gooseneck.htm) and $ave

2tempe
Aug. 4, 2011, 10:35 AM
Some years back I ordered a new Brenderup; it was in Texas, I was in Ohio. The distributor brought it from there right to my barn door........:yes: "loaning" the trailer is probably low risk from a probability perspective but high risk in terms what happens if there is a problem. Let this be the dealers' risk, not yours...........

If the dealer you are working with doesn't offer free shipping, negotiate w/ them as part of the sale to arrange shipping to get it to you