PDA

View Full Version : Are there any tack exchange sites?

Keg-A-Bacchus
Aug. 3, 2011, 03:47 AM
I'm back in the saddle after a year hiatus from riding! I have tons of stuff from my old pony that should fit my new girl fine but it got me thinking...are there any sites out there for straight up tack swapping? If my new pony wasn't the same size as my last I'd have a ton of useless really nice stuff! For instance, my eventing colors were hunter green on my last guy so I have a green Tipperary vest. I'd love a black tipperary vest for my new color combo. Isn't there someone out there who has a black one and would love a green one instead?! Any place you can go to "swap" with someone? I figure enough of us sell horses and everything doesn't always transfer size wise! And sometimes you just want to change your colors! Maybe I sold a 17hh warmblood and bought a 14hh pony. And maybe someone else sold a 14hh pony and got a 17hb warmblood and we could "swap" some of our blankets or tack! Or maybe someone put on a few too many pounds this winter and someone else lost a bunch of weight! Swap breeches and show clothes? Such a pain to list everything for sale and go buying new stuff! Would love a "swap/exchange" option! Or perhaps my horseless year rendered me insane and this is a crazy idea! LOL

Aussie08
Aug. 3, 2011, 07:08 AM
I just double checked to make sure but if you google Bits and Barter, they actually have trade and sell sections.

I haven't actually tried it but I'm sure somone on this board has and could give you some feedback.

DiablosHalo
Aug. 3, 2011, 01:12 PM
I second Bits and Barter board...

babyeventer23
Aug. 5, 2011, 11:42 AM
What area are you in? I know there is an NC Horse Forum that has a "for trade" section. It doesn't get a ton of action since it is local, but if you're anywhere close it might be worth a shot!