PDA

View Full Version : Rembrant saddles (classic saddlery)

elmerandharriet
Aug. 2, 2011, 09:10 PM
As im on the saddle search I came across rembrant saddles and getting a custom flap at a moderate price. Does anyone have experiance with them, does the leather look nice?

esdressage
Aug. 2, 2011, 11:32 PM
I've been borrowing one for the last few weeks while I get my mare fitted for a saddle, and the Rembrant is a nice saddle for the money. I really like the balance of it for me… if it fit my mare better I'd actually be thinking about getting one for us.

And yes, the leather's fine. This one is pretty old and has held up well to lots of use. One thing, and I don't know if it's because the saddle is older, but the seat feels pretty hard to me. If you like a cushy seat, you might not like it. But maybe the newer ones are cushier?

RedMare01
Aug. 3, 2011, 08:55 AM
I have a Classic Saddle, the model is the Vivian. It's a very nice saddle, and the leather is excellent quality. It's buffalo leather, which I didn't pay extra for at the time, but I think now isn't standard? I think I've had it since 2003-ish, although I haven't ridden much at all for the last year or two, and it's held up very well. The only thing I would change is that it's a medium twist and I would prefer a narrow, but it's all around a very nice saddle. :yes:

Oh, and mine is not the adjustable tree.

elmerandharriet
Aug. 3, 2011, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the info I will be calling classic saddlery

MysticOakRanch
Aug. 3, 2011, 11:06 AM
My friend rides in one - I found it used for her, and it had to be 8 or 10 years old, and she's been riding in it for 2 years now - still looks great!

I rode in one many years back, and it was a nice saddle for the money. The person who works there is pretty knowledgeable about saddle fit too.

lorilu
Aug. 4, 2011, 09:36 PM
I have one of the original adjustable ones, the Integra. The only structural issue was the girth billetts - they were made of two layers, glued together, and began to separate. I hade them replaced. It was a good saddle for me for a long time, but began to throw me forward as I conquered some of my other position flaws.......
I now ride in an Albion SLK, and it has really improved my seat. That said, I still have the integra..... You just never know when you need a nice spare saddle!
L