PDA

View Full Version : TACK STOLEN in Knoxville TN

eponacowgirl
Aug. 2, 2011, 07:31 PM
COTHer Flypony_74 had her barn burglarized and almost ALL of her tack stolen yesterday morning. PLEASE pass this list around and keep your eyes peeled for any sales on ebay, CL etc that may be her things. Any tips can help us track down the thieves.

Maybe we can get EN to post this list as well? Anyone out there? Here is the FB link if anyone would like to share it:
http://www.facebook.com/notes/kelly-wallace/stolen-tack-list/10150249839276476

"The following tack and horse equipment items were stolen from a private barn in Loudon County, TN likely in the early morning hours on 8/1/2011. Everything taken was english tack, all of high quality, all in very good to exceptional condition when it was stolen from my farm. These are items that I have worked for years to accumulate, and all of my competition gear was taken. This is a partial list, as I am still discovering things missing. Please watch Craigslist in your area, classifed ads, and keep an eye open at local horse/tack sales and such. If you see or hear of someone selling high-end tack who clearly doesn’t know much about it, that may be an indicator that it is stolen. Any potential sightings please contact me, Kelly Wallace, at 865-368-4046 or LCSD Investigator Charlie Cosner at 865-986-4823. Thank you for your help!"

• Stubben Siegfried VSS jumping saddle, 17.5” seat, 32 cm tree (17.5 and 32 stamped under right flap), dark brown, made in Switzerland, late model with blue dots and smooth knee pads. When stolen had matching Stubben stirrup leathers with metal blue dots and traditional stainless steel stirrup irons with black gripper pads.
• Harry Dabbs Euro (stamped in side of browband) figure-eight noseband bridle, dark brown, cob size, made in England, when stolen had a 5 ¾” three-ring French link elevator bit and rubber reins.
• Dover Showmark flash noseband bridle, dark brown, cob size, brass hardware, cob size, when stolen had a 5” Waterford bit and Stubben rubber reins.
• Courbette dressage bridle, flash noseband, black, cob size, red Courbette emblem on one side of browband, when stolen had 5 ½” baucher bit and laced reins.
• Dark brown bridle, plain raised noseband, cob size, no markings, when stolen had a 5 ¾” loose ring wonder bit and laced reins.
• Shires flash noseband bridle with reins, horse size, brand new in the package.
• Shires flash noseband bridle, cob size, brand new in the package
• Dark brown stirrup leathers, dark brown, made in England, new with tags, high quality, can’t recall maker.
• Nunn Finer traditional hunting breastplate, dark brown, cob size, brass hardware.
• Heritage rubber lined reins, dark brown, may be stamped Heritage or made in England.
• Barnsby leather split-end overlay girth, size 50, elastic on one end, medium brown, made in England.
• Professional’s Choice neoprene girth, elastic on both ends, brown, size 50”
• Professional’s Choice neoprene girth, elastic on both ends, black, size 48”
• Whitman leather overlay girth, dark brown, elastic one end, size 46”.
• Weaver leather chafeless girth, dark brown, elastic on one end, size 50”.
• Barnstable leather dressage girth, elastic on both ends, black, size 22”.
• Two (2) Wintec elastic girths, black neoprene, not sure of sizes but believe one was a 22” and one was a 24”.
• Myler MB02 comfort snaffle, loose ring, 5 ½”.
• Several miscellaneous bits, all some sort of snaffle mouthpiece (either single-jointed or French-link), probably a couple of two or three ring elevator bits, maybe a Dee ring.
• Three (3) Tipperary Sportage helmets of varying models, all carbon gray, all are either size small or extra small.
• International skull cap with custom Sipps Silks nylon cover, black with red chevrons, helmet size 6 7/8.
• Charles Owen Hampton black velvet helmet, tan Pittards leather harness, size 6 ¾. When stolen was in a Charles Owen helmet case, black nylon/cordura exterior with purple quilted satin lining.
• FTE open-front jumping boots, black leather, neoprene lining, size 2, made in Italy, four straps with buckles. Pair.
• N.E.W. Equine Wear Lightweight Competition boots (cross-country boots with the hard shell tendon guard), size medium, black cordura type exterior, green tags, orthopedic foam/neoprene lining. Pair.
• N.E.W. Equine Wear Lightweight Competition boots (cross-country boots with the hard shell tendon guard), size medium, black smooth nylon type exterior, green tags, orthopedic foam/neoprene lining. Pair. Probably a tad dirty from a recent x-c run.
• Woof Wear traditional brushing boots, black, four-strap model. Pair. Probably a tad dirty from a recent x-c run.
• All Sport Boots (like Dressage Sport Boots but with neoprene lining), black, probably have a bit of Kentucky Horse Park arena dust on them. One pair of large, were stolen, and only a single medium boot (they left the fourth boot).
• Woof Wear cross-country boots, black fuzzy exterior, wide straps, medium. Pair.
• Grand Prix open front boots, black leather, made in Italy. Pair.
• Crosby brown leather hind galloping boots, neoprene lined. Pair.
• Champion pillow wraps, white, 12” and 14”, flannel lined, set of three (they left one behind), a little dirty from a recent trip.
• Black standing wraps, set of four, not rolled, a little dirty from a recent trip.
• Two (2) Rambo Horseware poly pad type saddle pads, both black, both were used on day of theft so one may have gray hair, one may have dark palomino hair, both may have light sweat marks.
• Equine Textiles (may not be marked as such) quilted dressage pad, faded navy blue.
• Dover Rider’s International fleece cooler, full tapered neck, navy with hunter and white binding.
• Horseware Ireland cotton cooler, light blue with grey trim and tail cord.
• Baker sheet (yes, the real deal, not a fake one), size 78-80”
• Pair of ground driving lines, off white thick nylon with rolled black ends, brass snaps, black buckle.
• Red lunge line with black leather hand stops, may have a tag that says Practical Choice.
• Red lunge line, plain red, snap end.
• Veterinary kit, small plastic tote with VET KIT written on top. Contains stethoscope, equine thermometer, injectable Banamine, syringes, bandaging supplies, etc.
• Flambeau step stool with internal compartment. Contained miscellaneous stabling supplies for travel such as bucket hooks, screw eyes, extra snaps, a hammer, duct tape, etc.
• White bucket with Bit of Britain Saddlery logo in blue, contains multiple horse bathing supplies such as Vetrolin Bath, Quic Silver, Quic Condition 1, Eqyss Survivor Detangler, Cowboy Magic Green Spot Remover, etc.
• Red bucket that says something to the effect of “Bathing Only” and is labeled with either Schaffer or Wallace. At the time it was stolen it contained a partial gallon of Vetrolin liniment, a large sponge, and a sweat scraper.
• Bucket of tack cleaning supplies containing Lexol Wipes, bit wipes, Oakwood cleaner, Oakwood conditioner, and tack sponges. Items were in a Nicker Makers bucket.

hightide
Aug. 2, 2011, 07:46 PM
I'll keep an eye out, even if I am a bit far away.
What a shame. :no:

Zu Zu
Aug. 2, 2011, 09:02 PM
HOW TERRIBLE ``:mad: SORRY TO READ THIS ``

Tamara in TN
Aug. 2, 2011, 09:55 PM
I will post this as a FB note to both my personal and farm website.

Tamara

RedRyderKy
Aug. 2, 2011, 10:17 PM
That just sucks! It almost sounds like someone who knew what they were getting, not just some random theft. So sorry to hear this.

ThatScaryChick
Aug. 2, 2011, 10:20 PM
How horrible. :( I'm sorry to hear that your belongings were stolen, Flypony_74. I hope that the authorities catch the person/people who did this and that you get everything back.

ksbadger
Aug. 3, 2011, 12:16 AM
Several years ago, there a similar break-in at a barn near where we boarded in Canada that also took just about everything. It turned out the motive was not profit but spite - almost all the tack was found dumped in the woods nearby.

Hope you get it all back.

Kairoshorses
Aug. 3, 2011, 01:04 AM
Do keep an eye out at local sales/auctions/etc. Something like that happened here a few years back, and the perps took it to a local auction where it was spotted and they were arrested!

TheBrightSide06
Aug. 3, 2011, 07:08 AM
Who would be sick enough to rob a barn of SO much tack, some of which is pricey? That's horrible to hear, and I hope your friend get's their tack back soon. This is sickening... :mad:

sdlbredfan
Aug. 3, 2011, 07:33 AM
OMG how horrible! I hope she will contact eBay's fraud team with the list, pictures etc so that they can be on the lookout for anything turning up on eBay.

mortebella
Aug. 3, 2011, 07:33 AM
To me, the fact that they took things like buckets and partial bottles of vetrolin and sweat scrapers as well as things with obvious $$$ resale value...makes this look personal. REAL cash and carry thieves - so I've been told - never waste valuable time on things that aren't going to earn them a significant payday. And you don't have to know squat about horses to know a half a bottle of shampoo isn't going to pay you bankola. The profiler in me says this was about something else. Very best of luck and I hope they solve this quick.

retreadeventer
Aug. 3, 2011, 08:08 AM
Also...from my work with police reports and such....I can tell you that at time, thieves take everything because they do not know the value of the used vs. leather vs. good looking items, and don't want to leave fingerprints or any physical evidence behind, so they clean it out to avoid that.

It is likely that the boots, (even the expensive boots that we know are good), some of the leather items like bridles and breastplates (that are just spaghetti straps to a non-horse person,) the dirty pads, etc. will be dumped. Check the nearest local supermarket dumpsters, large unlighted parking lots with dumpsters, recycle bins with easy access or turnaround drive-in/out, shopping center dumpsters that are poorly lighted. It might be helpful to take a night time trip around the neighborhood and check out the poorly lit parking lots for this reason, then go back during the day and speak with management to find out if there is any surveillance video. Think about what you'd do if you were a thief and where you'd throw it when no one was watching.

Most un horsey people do know that saddles are worth something -- everyone sees the unreal prices the DP's put on their Albions on Ebay -- so those are likely to go online. I hope that you have identified your tack with your name or something, if not, have good photos that identify the saddle as yours including store invoice from purchase or bill of sale. (Speaking from experience -- I had a saddle stolen out of my truck and saw it in a pawn shop window but had no provenance, it was bought used, and could only fume when the cops wouldn't agree that a show picture with the saddle on a horse matched the one in the window.) If I had written my name in ball point pen under the flap, or inside the panel, different story! Sigh.

It is possible they took all, will sort later in a safe location and be several states away, but do all you can to look locally for some of your stuff, you never know. The other thing to do is put a warning ad in your local paper or penny saver (one that does the majority of the local yard sale ads) that anything stolen from you found at a yard sale will result in prosecution, and you are offering a reward for the return of the tack. This may have results, a friend of mine did this and got a phone call from a veteran yard sale person who saw her stolen saddle at a yard sale -- but it is admittedly a long shot. Don't put pictures in the ad. Wait for someone to describe it to you over the phone -- putting pictures in identifies it for EVERYONE, and if the thieves see the photo they will know to keep it hidden.

Best of luck and I hope you find out more and get some answers. It's such a bad thing to be burglarized, I feel for you, been there (my apartment in LA was burglarized and most of my good jewelry stolen many years ago.)

manentail
Aug. 3, 2011, 08:47 AM
I also posted this on my facebook, have some friends in TN. Hope she find her stuff, that's awful :(

Holly Jeanne
Aug. 3, 2011, 12:12 PM
If anyone lives along Hwy 127 in TN or nearby states, this weekend is the worlds longest yardsale. Doubtful such nice stuff would end up there but wouldn't hurt to keep an eye out.

GingerJumper
Aug. 3, 2011, 03:38 PM
Not in TN but I'll keep an eye out, you never know where it could turn up. So sorry to hear about this :(