PDA

View Full Version : Whent to an event with friends, loved it!!!!!

CuteArabHunter
Aug. 2, 2011, 03:19 PM
So I thought I was just going to take a lesson.Took lesson. Had fun! [the pony I was riding has only been jumping 3 weeks and he is doing soooo well!!!] But then plans got mixed up and so I ended up competing on him the next day. I swore I would never do cross country but, lo and behold! I did and I had a blast! We went a bit strong for dressage but went clean for s.j. and ended up wining our hopeful division!!! Got a nice leather halter, too. :yes::yes::winkgrin: It was so fun! :)

OK. Gushing over! :winkgrin:

Aussie08
Aug. 2, 2011, 04:12 PM
Keep gushing! It is so cool, isn't it? You get that natural high when you are out there on the cross country and things are going well....sometimes even when they aren't. And it's such a feeling of freedom, doesn't matter what level you are riding or how many times you do it.

Recently, I took my Morab pony to his first maiden (TB was on the injured list). He'd never seen a dressage ring and had only seen a CC fence the weekend before the event and I thought, oh well, it will be a learning experience for both of us. That little fella surprised all of us! He stayed in the dressage ring, not a great score but what do you expect. We trotted and got tons of time in stadium and made it around. Then we went out and did the CC course and trotted most of it with a little canter in between (when it felt good) and we finished! Next time I'll be able to ride him with a bit more confidence knowing that he just needs me to lead him. But it was so much fun and he was such a fancy little fella.

You might look into the USEA New Event Horse program they have started (info on the USEA webiste-YEH page). That's what I'm going to do next with the pony. Very reasonably priced and tons of feedback. It's new so there are not a lot of HT's that are offering it, hopefully next year it will grow.

Congrats on your exciting outing! Hugs and pats to your pony!

jen-s
Aug. 2, 2011, 04:33 PM
Welcome to the "dark" side! ;)

wildlifer
Aug. 2, 2011, 04:41 PM
Congrats and welcome to the madness!

Noctis
Aug. 2, 2011, 06:52 PM
welcome to the dark side! I tried making cookies...but I burned them