PDA

View Full Version : Cost of a Coverall?

Dalemma
Aug. 2, 2011, 01:33 PM
Has anyone installed one for a riding ring.......I am wanting a ball park figure for a ring about 80 x 200......I tried a couple of years ago when the company was in Canada but no one would ever return my emails........I have asked someone who lives in my area that has one but they won't tell me? or even give me an idea.

So anyone have one and can give me an idea?

Thanks

Dalemma

GoForAGallop
Aug. 2, 2011, 03:20 PM
There was one recently advertised in my area. It was five years old, 100 x 65, and they were asking $18k. The ad said they had paid $30k new, five years ago. The ad disappeared in under a week, so apparently that was a steal.

That doesn't include site prep ($$$$) or the construction crew to erect it ($$$), obviously. But there's an "idea" for you! :lol:

I don't have any more hardcore facts than that. But I'm sure if you call the company in Watertown, CT, they will be more than happy to wrangle up a quote for you.

fanfayre
Aug. 2, 2011, 05:24 PM
Have you checked w/ Robin King in Cedar? She has one, it's small, but you could extrapolate. However, she's not always the most forthcoming (or friendly, really).
I had heard they're the same price as post and beam rings, only the upkeep costs are large, and if one string isn't tight enough, the whole ring will loosen and flap itself to oblivion. My Dad once did an inspection on one up in Port Hardy or McNeill or one of the other places up there, and the sea salt in the rain had weakened the braces so much the ring was unsafe...

cherham
Aug. 2, 2011, 07:05 PM
Ummmm not to argue with the above poster but there are no "strings" involved in any component of a Cover-All building. And I am quite sure they do not "loosen and flap themselves to oblivion" either. Quite ridiculous statements.

Dalmenna I will send you a private message for the actual costs of our Cover-All riding arena shortly. Ours is 72 x 140 FYI

PS Cover-All was excellent to deal with by the way. I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the company.

Nes
Aug. 2, 2011, 09:13 PM
Cover-All went bankrupt.
They were bought up by another company I believe, all though I'm not sure what their name is.

$$ $$$
$30-50 sounds reasonable.

They are excellent buildings though, make great barns/arena for lots of reasons.

Sipsi
Aug. 2, 2011, 11:14 PM
Another products is called Clear Span. I have 3 buildings (actually makes an eagle flight cage for my wildlife Center) from FarmTek. They were really great to work with - extremley helpful. Here is the link (http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/cat1;ft1_tension_fabric_buildings-ft1_horse_arenas_1;ft1_clearspan_truss_arch_riding _arenas_8.html).

You can also go to the clear span (http://www.clearspan.com/fabric/structures/home) website for more info.

The company that bought Cover All is Norseman Structures, based in Canada.

FreshAir
Aug. 3, 2011, 01:23 PM
Try Winkler Canvas in Canada. Coverall built a lot of ones that collapsed in the Northeast I believe - like the one at the Patriots stadium.