PDA

View Full Version : Scribe needed for Tucson Dressage Fall Festival!

Reiter
Aug. 1, 2011, 05:45 PM
This will be November 19-20 for the L-program Session D1. Since I'm flying in I won't be able to bring my "normal" scribe, so if anyone is available or knows of anyone in that area, please let me know! I know it's early, but I like to have my ducks in a row! ;)
D2 and the Final will be in Scottsdale, but since that's even further away I will take it one show at a time!

kinnip
Aug. 1, 2011, 06:17 PM
It's too far for me, but I just want to say that scribing is the single most edifying experience a rider can have. My skills have definitely improved since I started scribing. It's become an addiction for me. I am a scribing whore, and you can be too. :yes:

netg
Aug. 1, 2011, 06:41 PM
I wish I knew how to scribe.... I've requested that the TDC do a "how-to" session or something because I'd love to help!

Diann Seabury does a great job of helping with just about anything you ask, so I recommend you email her and ask for names so you can get in touch: dfseabury@comcast.net

Kim Price coordinates the volunteers most shows, so would also have a good idea of who is qualified to help: kimprice514@gmail.com

kinnip
Aug. 1, 2011, 08:01 PM
netg, there's no "how-to" necessary. If you can write and hear, you can scribe. It's no different than taking notes in a classroom.

esdressage
Aug. 1, 2011, 08:11 PM
I've never scribed before, but would be happy to do it if I don't ride in the show! If you don't mind a newbie to scribing, let me know.

netg
Aug. 1, 2011, 08:13 PM
netg, there's no "how-to" necessary. If you can write and hear, you can scribe. It's no different than taking notes in a classroom.

I'd definitely be interested if Reiter doesn't mind someone who's never done it. I'm guessing if there's a usual scribe, the desire is there for someone who has experience. :)

kinnip
Aug. 1, 2011, 08:17 PM
In my part of the country, we're hungry for anyone who wants to volunteer, experienced or not. You should contact your local GMO. Even if this show is accounted for, they'll need someone sooner or later. The best way to learn it it to do it.

netg
Aug. 1, 2011, 08:19 PM
In my part of the country, we're hungry for anyone who wants to volunteer, experienced or not. You should contact your local GMO. Even if this show is accounted for, they'll need someone sooner or later. The best way to learn it it to do it.

Oh, they know I'm very interested in helping at a schooling show. We just need some to not get cancelled due to quarantines for viruses and summer weather! Hopefully in the fall...if I'm not showing.

kinnip
Aug. 1, 2011, 09:34 PM
Got my fingers crossed for ya!

Reiter
Aug. 1, 2011, 11:01 PM
Thanks for all the responses! This is a testing type of environment for me so a scribe with experience is definitely a good idea, but not required! Netg thanks for the show info, that's certainly good to have and I'm writing it all down! I would love to have you or esdressage as my scribe! :)