PDA

View Full Version : London 3-Day tickets

tomac
Aug. 1, 2011, 04:27 PM
I have been told on several occasions and from different sources that no tickets were available for the 3-day. Upon doing my own investigation yesterday, I discovered that there are indeed tickets still available. And I can see why, ticket prices for cross country day range from $640 up to $1230 per ticket! I have purchased tickets for 2 different Olympic Games and for a couple of WEG's for FAR LESS money...Whats up with the London pricing? Is the IOC trying to make sure the 3-day gets no attendance, thus pushing it out of the Olympics once and for all? I suspect that the London organizing committee are just a bunch of greedy idiots though.

snoopy
Aug. 1, 2011, 05:09 PM
Where did you see that tickets were available for eventing? I think you will find your information incorrect. It is indeed sold out.

tomac
Aug. 1, 2011, 05:38 PM
Londonsummergames.org So here's the deal. I totally fell for this being the "official" London web-site because of the .org...It turns out they do have tickets but they are basically just scalpers....Oops. My bad. I take back anything I said about the IOC or the organizing committee....Anybody want to loan me $1200!!

Simbalism
Aug. 2, 2011, 02:48 AM
My co-worker is from London and was purchasing tickets for the Olympics. It was done totally by lottery. You selected a certain number of things you wanted to see and if your number was drawn, you got the tickets. Even without scalpers prices, the tickets were fairly expensive. She's lucky in that she can stay with family and is actually interviewing to volunteer as well.

gully's pilot
Aug. 2, 2011, 09:54 AM
I was in the US lottery and got tickets for eventing dressage and sj, but not xc; it's looking like I'll have to pay scalper prices for those. I also got I think a round of fencing and one of something else--not gymnastics or swimming. Part of the problem for xc is that there are only 15,000 tickets being offered in a country that loves eventing.