PDA

View Full Version : Pas de Deux..

Mr.GMan
Aug. 1, 2011, 04:25 PM
I want to try my hand at this. I believe I can convince my friend she needs to do this with me:). Right now, it would be training level, as neither one of us are ready for first. I know it sounds boring, but I think with the right music, it could be entertaining. I know we need to know the BPM's, which I need to do, but what about music? Could it be all one selection, or combine the music? I need advice on how to pick music as well....I love the kid's songs, such a fun beat (think tv theme shows...), heck any tv shows. Should I just plug my ipod in and see what Studly likes? Where to start??? Thanks all!

TwoBrooksFarm
Aug. 1, 2011, 08:26 PM
I knew someone who did an entire freestyle with tv themed music. Bewitched, Sex in the City, Pink Panther, etc. It was great! Have fun and certainly snap on the Ipod and find what you both ride best to. Have fun with it and be ready to smile your way to a great ride!

Eggplant_Dressing
Aug. 2, 2011, 10:48 AM
Don't forget TV Western Theme Songs. One of my favorite freestyles was an arrangement of these. Fun transition music, relaxing walks, dramatic halts.

Congratulations and hope you have fun with it all.

Mike Matson
Aug. 2, 2011, 07:17 PM
The key is to find music that flows with both horses.

When I work with Pas de Deux riders, I time the bpm for each horse then take the average of the two and use it to find the music. Why? Because usually one rider or both can adjust their horses up or down in the tempo to flow with the music.

In the Pas de Deux, the horses going exactly with the beat of the music is not as important as the individual freestyle. For the Pas de Deux you are looking at how the pair go with the music.

When done well, the Pas de Deux is truly a pair "dancing".