PDA

View Full Version : Re-fitting a Devoucoux Chiberta

IrishRydr
Jul. 31, 2011, 05:12 PM
I have found my dream used saddle - a Devoucoux Chiberta in my seat and flap size [edit]. Chiberta's regular tree (a generous medium) fits my horse beautifully. But this used saddle had been custom-fitted to it's previous horse by adding padding to fill in the hollow spaces in the horse's ultra-high, thin withers. I have been trying to find out what it would cost to have it re-fitted to my horse. I left a message at Devoucoux and sent an email, so I will be interested to hear from them. But perhaps you all have some suggestions and answers for me? I am near Ocala and (obviously) would like to keep the cost to a minimum to re-shape this saddle so it would fit my horse. I have been looking for a Chiberta I could afford, so I am hoping this will work out. TIA

CarolinaGirl
Jul. 31, 2011, 05:34 PM
I asked the rep at ROLEX a few years ago as my saddle also has extra padding at the withers that I didn't need.. and if I recall correctly I think re-doing the foam was like $500. At this point I'm not using it much and have decided to wait it out a bit, save some money, and use it as trade in on a new one lol.

IrishRydr
Jul. 31, 2011, 05:41 PM
$500??? Yikes, but thanks for the 'warning'! LOL

HER
Jul. 31, 2011, 09:06 PM
I spoke to the Devoucoux rep when I was looking for my used saddle last year. He told me that they will no longer re-fit a saddle that is not bought from them. I bought mine on ebay and haven't bothered asking because of that. So let me know if you hear differently. I just use a sheepskin and it fits ok, but not perfect.

CarolinaGirl
Jul. 31, 2011, 09:47 PM
I spoke to the Devoucoux rep when I was looking for my used saddle last year. He told me that they will no longer re-fit a saddle that is not bought from them. I bought mine on ebay and haven't bothered asking because of that. So let me know if you hear differently. I just use a sheepskin and it fits ok, but not perfect.

Well that's kind of ridiculous if you ask me... I wonder why?

horsecents
Jul. 31, 2011, 10:19 PM
Last I knew it was $570 to have the panels changed to fit your horse. If it has integrated panels then they cannot be changed. Email Eric Leysalle, he is the southeast Devoucoux rep.

MeghanDACVA
Aug. 1, 2011, 09:26 AM
Can your "local" saddle fitter re-do it? If it is wool, I am sure any reputable saddle fitter can.

IrishRydr
Aug. 1, 2011, 09:53 AM
Update: I just heard back from Devoucoux. They don't have a Florida rep but, I assume from a tracing, would be willing to re-shape the panels for $650!!! I'm going to try my local saddler to see what they think. Otherwise it's back to my search.