PDA

View Full Version : DE/Mid-Atlantic folks, who built your pole barn and would you recommend them? Thanks

allisontatman
Jul. 31, 2011, 04:38 PM
Dreaming about building a barn in the next couple years, and was wondering who is good? Pioneer, Conestoga, Kramer, Morton (out of my price range most likely!), or I know there are several local Amish families who build them as well. Any opinions are appreciated!

horsetales
Jul. 31, 2011, 07:30 PM
Stoltzfus is a great Amish builder

SPF10
Aug. 1, 2011, 09:40 AM
We have two building built by Pioneer, one is 40 x 80 and is my husbands man cave, the other is my 36 x 48 barn built late last fall. Love them both, we only had pioneer do the shell of the barn as we had the materials for the inside already purchased, but they do offer stalls etc. as well. Both buildings took about 3 days to put up, the barn only took that long because of some high winds it would have been done in 2 otherwise. have you checked out pricing lately they have really come down in price you might be surprised at what you can afford.

apprider
Aug. 1, 2011, 12:59 PM
We used tri-state builders, the GC's name was Kevin Weaver. They were easy to work with, showed up when they said they would and finished on time. I'd use them again without hesitation.

spacytracy
Aug. 1, 2011, 09:20 PM
Our friends is Pioneer and our friend also had a pole building/shop done by Pioneer. Both were happy with their purchases.

SonnysMom
Aug. 2, 2011, 12:58 PM
Stoltzfus is a great Amish builder

Isn't that redundant? I thought all the Amish have the last name of Stoltzfus:D