PDA

View Full Version : Stubben Juventus S **X-post**

StrawberryFields
Jul. 30, 2011, 02:03 PM
Do any adults/teens ride in this saddle? It is made for youth but comes with a seat size of up to 17". I'm really small and petite and I think this might be a good saddle choice for me for the jumpers/eventing/fox hunting. Just want to hear other people's inputs!:yes:

jn4jenny
Jul. 30, 2011, 10:46 PM
The Juventus is basically just a Stubben Siegfried with a shorter flap and made in smaller sizes to accommodate kids. The Siegfried is a great saddle that's very popular for lower-level eventing and foxhunting. It wouldn't be my pick for jumpers since it's fairly deep in the seat, but you'd probably be okay up to 3 feet.

slp2
Jul. 30, 2011, 11:25 PM
I have the Stubben Juventus dressage saddle so I don't know about the jumping version of this saddle. But it is also marketed as a "youth" saddle. I am an adult and rather stubby legged so this saddle fits me really well. More comfortable (for me) than my Passier that I have for my other horse. And several other small adult riders have tried it and really like it.

StrawberryFields
Jul. 31, 2011, 11:02 PM
Trying out a siegfried this week...... opinions? Need something for up to 3'3"

ridingmel924
Aug. 1, 2011, 12:10 PM
I currently ride in the Juventus and it fits me well. I use to ride in a Siegfried and liked it as well. I think if the Juventus flaps are not too short on you then you would be fine in it. You could also try the Roxanne which I know is similar but the Adult version. I know a couple of people that ride in them and love them. I think any of the saddles, if they fit you and your horse well would work well for up to 3'3".

I like Stubben saddles, think they are made well, comfortable, and reasonably priced.

Good Luck!