PDA

View Full Version : Even more interesting photo

Yance
Jul. 29, 2011, 11:15 PM
On Eventing Nation, this photo was posted in which Clayton Fredericks is clearly not wearing a helmet whilst riding.

http://eventingnation.com/samanthalclark/IMG_0151.jpg

I thought the Fredericks strongly backed the Riders4Helmets shindig.

GingerJumper
Jul. 30, 2011, 06:41 AM
How can you even tell who that is?? I didn't even notice the horse and rider in the background until I looked at it for a little.

gchildean
Jul. 30, 2011, 01:06 PM
That is definitely Clayton. Too bad:(

Yance
Jul. 30, 2011, 05:13 PM
How can you even tell who that is?? I didn't even notice the horse and rider in the background until I looked at it for a little.

In the article, there is an interview with him wearing the same shirt and vest. There is no question whether it is him or not.

GingerJumper
Jul. 30, 2011, 05:38 PM
In the article, there is an interview with him wearing the same shirt and vest. There is no question whether it is him or not.

Gotcha. That's a shame, then :( if you're (these are general "you"s, not directed at anyone in particular) going to support something, then you should support it ALL the time, not just when it's convenient. We all make mistakes but something that relatively easy to bring with you or procure ("hey, can I borrow a helmet?") really isn't easily excusable IMO.

Cruiser12
Jul. 31, 2011, 09:49 AM
I don't know... his hair looks fluffy enough to be a helmet ;)

RAyers
Jul. 31, 2011, 10:29 AM
It has been my experience over the years that, like politicians, many (note: not all) BNTs and BNRs tend to have a large streak of hypocrisy as part of their personality. They are too into the marketing (style) over substance in their words.

Reed

Cruiser12
Jul. 31, 2011, 11:27 AM
Integrity- doing the right thing even when no one (or you think no one) is looking.

GingerJumper
Jul. 31, 2011, 11:42 AM
Integrity- doing the right thing even when no one (or you think no one) is looking.

:yes:

Galadriël Fëfalas
Jul. 31, 2011, 04:03 PM

I recognised him straight away!

tut tut Clayton! And I'm pretty sure that's his daughter who's watching (along with Lucinda Fredericks)

Cruiser12
Jul. 31, 2011, 06:05 PM
... on the other hand- so as I'm not too judgmental.

A few years ago, I got my boy all tacked up for a quick jump around the stadium course, I had a baseball cap on, I went out, warmed up, jumped a few jumps, jumped the course a couple of times, walked back to the barn, where the barn owner was tacking up. She said, "where's your helmet", I put my hand to my head- No helmet, just a ball cap- I gapped (or capped as the case may be).

SonnysMom
Jul. 31, 2011, 09:19 PM
... on the other hand- so as I'm not too judgmental.

A few years ago, I got my boy all tacked up for a quick jump around the stadium course, I had a baseball cap on, I went out, warmed up, jumped a few jumps, jumped the course a couple of times, walked back to the barn, where the barn owner was tacking up. She said, "where's your helmet", I put my hand to my head- No helmet, just a ball cap- I gapped (or capped as the case may be).

A few years ago I did something similar. I wear my helmet on every ride. It was a particularly cold day so I was wearing an ear band for a change. I got down to the ring hopped on walked around a little but when I picked up the trot and got the breeze on the top on head I halted and hopped off my good old steady eddie like a scalded cat. I went back up to the barn and got my helmet to continue my ride. I think the ear band gave me the feeling that I had the helmet on.

purplnurpl
Aug. 1, 2011, 09:57 AM
you guys must have missed the pic of the Freds in Eventing? or COTH?

they were out in the middle of no where hunting or something of the sort--with a group of riders...all without helmets.

GingerJumper
Aug. 1, 2011, 10:11 AM

they were out in the middle of no where hunting or something of the sort--with a group of riders...all without helmets.

Missed those, at least in my case.

There were some on facebook as well, if I'm thinking of the right people and not just losing my mind... :no:

archieflies
Aug. 1, 2011, 10:50 AM

Yeah, it was their African safari (which I'm horribly jealous of!!). If ever there was a good time for wearing a helmet, it's when you're riding amongst lions and elephants!!!! (Of course, if the lion is chasing you and you get dumped, head injuries may be the elast of your problems!)

vxf111
Aug. 1, 2011, 10:51 AM

So true. And, sadly, too rare!

GingerJumper
Aug. 1, 2011, 10:56 AM
Yeah, it was their African safari (which I'm horribly jealous of!!). If ever there was a good time for wearing a helmet, it's when you're riding amongst lions and elephants!!!! (Of course, if the lion is chasing you and you get dumped, head injuries may be the elast of your problems!)

Yup, those'd be the pictures I'm talking about. That last line really made me snicker, hehe.