PDA

View Full Version : Interesting picture

Gnep
Jul. 29, 2011, 08:04 PM
http://www.buschreiter.de/feldbach11.html

gold2012
Jul. 29, 2011, 08:13 PM
He is confused....cross-country was suppose to have 750 horses, not one!

JER
Jul. 29, 2011, 08:45 PM
She has colour-coordinated helmets (http://www.swisseventingclub.ch/_images/Cameri09/pa_extender_cameri09_c.jpg).

ACMEeventing
Jul. 29, 2011, 08:55 PM
Are there a lot of motorcyle / hockey type injuries in XC falls? The helmet looks kind of cool (I guess?) but not sure it really offers any additional protection for the typical injuries we like to avoid.

Must be ASTM certified, though.:)

deltawave
Jul. 29, 2011, 09:00 PM
Well, wasn't everyone recently complaining about how outdated and archaic-looking our gear is? :)

Brings to mind a great name for an event horse: Evel Knievel :D

Gnep
Jul. 29, 2011, 09:44 PM
Post Number 2 and 3 no points at all, total failure.
Since I have a real good day, you may try again.

4 and 5 25% of the possible points to win the bathtube with the golden lion feet.
Since you have got some points and as mentioned above, I have a real good day, you may try again.

To make it a little bit more easy for the language challengened, He is a She and rides a 2 Star and placed second.

deltawave
Jul. 29, 2011, 09:54 PM
I'm a married woman. No bath-tubes for me. ESPECIALLY ones with feet. :D

fooler
Jul. 29, 2011, 10:27 PM
Back in the late 70's, early 80's in Area III a mom and sons competed at Pretraining and Training levels. The sons wore dirt bike helmets.

archieflies
Jul. 29, 2011, 10:34 PM
I'm just amazed that she seems to be looking directly into the camera and smiling in that first picture! I always realize where the photographer was right AFTER I completely screw up a jump. :)

Gnep
Jul. 29, 2011, 11:19 PM
You make it difficult DW. What about our eternal love, no bathtube, just because you are married.

Luckily the looker in the picture does not ride under USEA or USEF rules. She probably was and is some eye candy in dressage, tall hat, tails, mmmm.

But still no winner, just loosers and I am personally very disapointed by Jer and my eternal love, which make very sad.

JER
Jul. 29, 2011, 11:49 PM
To make it a little bit more easy for the language challengened, He is a She and rides a 2 Star and placed second.

CIC*** in German is the same as CIC*** in English, so it's not a '2 star', is it? Not to mention the post is titled '5 horses completed a 3 star event.'

(I am language-challenged but less so with that particular language.)

She uses a neckstrap, too. More safety points?

JER
Jul. 30, 2011, 01:50 AM
The photo is not from Feldbach.

Es regnete in Feldbach. Photos (http://www.swisseventingclub.ch/RESULTATE/2011/Feldbach11.html).

Eventguy
Jul. 30, 2011, 08:08 AM
Having done a number of helmet sports before starting riding I've always wondered why nobody has at least a face bar on riding helmets like slalom ski helmets have. I've seen enough people get smacked in the face when their horse threw it's head up and one person at a clinic almost knocked out and fall off. Easily prevented with a face mask.

Downhill mountain bike helmets seem perfect for XC. Light, good ventilation, good protection. Only drawback I see is you can't stick your helmet cover bill 1/2 way up the front of your skull cap at that ridiculous angle everyone does ;-)

yellowbritches
Jul. 30, 2011, 08:38 AM
Downhill mountain bike helmets seem perfect for XC. Light, good ventilation, good protection. Only drawback I see is you can't stick your helmet cover bill 1/2 way up the front of your skull cap at that ridiculous angle everyone does ;-)
You flip it up to look cool, duh... ;) But, the coolness factor of wearing a downhill helmet (I SO want go downhilling) would negate the need to flip up the brim...it all works out in the end! :lol:

Gnep
Jul. 30, 2011, 08:42 AM
Jer oh Jer, you still disapoint me so very much.
I know there is a lot of trees in the forest, hihihihi

Hilary
Jul. 30, 2011, 06:44 PM
Apparently it is now necessary to post about sculpture to garner responses! I think you just wanted to annoy those of us who only speak one language well. ;)

I would wonder about peripheral vision in a helmet like that, but now that I DO think about it, how often do you need your rear and side views when going XC? Only if someone is catching up to you, in which case you have bigger fish to fry than your helmet or peripheral vision.

VicariousRider
Jul. 30, 2011, 08:54 PM
Not totally on topic, but my mother has long since held that it's totally absurd that children whose heads are growing constantly have to have a different helmet for every sport. When I was little I had a bike helmet, skiing helmet and riding helmet. I'm sure that the protection needed might be a bit different but it is a lot of gear...

Maybe this woman is just economizing?? :)

wsmoak
Jul. 30, 2011, 08:57 PM
First impression: her parents spent a fortune on orthodontia and this was the only way they'd let her ride and jump. :D

Gnep
Jul. 30, 2011, 09:03 PM
Apparently it is now necessary to post about sculpture to garner responses! I think you just wanted to annoy those of us who only speak one language well. ;)

I would wonder about peripheral vision in a helmet like that, but now that I DO think about it, how often do you need your rear and side views when going XC? Only if someone is catching up to you, in which case you have bigger fish to fry than your helmet or peripheral vision.

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffff.
Its about how you look at things, hmmmm girls, hihihihi.

I give you a hint, boy look, there is a check list
1. face
2. chest
3. butt
4. between the legs

What ya see and why this is an interesting picture ?

Annoying I do, piece of cake

JER
Jul. 30, 2011, 09:11 PM
Swiss people are odd in so many ways, it's hard to know where to start on this one.

:D

ksbadger
Jul. 31, 2011, 08:24 AM
Several years ago back on the old forum, I reported a series of accidents in Areas IV & V where riders had hit the side of their face or jaw. I wondered if a helmet such as this would provide better protection. The main objection seemed to be that it could interfere with breathing to which I countered that if BMX cyclists could wear them without problem they should be OK for riders.

Old Fashioned
Jul. 31, 2011, 09:59 AM
Is it bad that I want one of those?... :confused: :winkgrin:

Beam Me Up
Jul. 31, 2011, 10:16 AM
I agree it looks crazy unconventional, but I'm always up for learning something new about safety. What kind of a helmet is it, and designed for what sport? I would be interested in learning about the protection it provides vs the typical riding helmets.

ksbadger
Jul. 31, 2011, 10:41 AM
I agree it looks crazy unconventional, but I'm always up for learning something new about safety. What kind of a helmet is it, and designed for what sport? I would be interested in learning about the protection it provides vs the typical riding helmets.

It's hard to say exactly which sport the helmet in the photo was originally designed for. Similar designs are in use for BMX cycling, Motocross (most probable) & ordinary motorcycling and even by Formula 1 & NASCAR pit crews. Maybe Gnep can find something on the original German website.

Flying Ponies
Jul. 31, 2011, 11:01 AM
Dunno if this is what Gnep was after, but I kinda think she looks like she could be sitting ON a motocross, dirt whatever, bike :D

http://www.vitalmx.com/photos/member/strengthDESIREsuccess,36330/milestone-2011,50191/missmx412,28968

Old Fashioned
Jul. 31, 2011, 11:43 AM
I could sooo rock this helmet! (http://www.sierratradingpost.com/i/1915G,01,_Six-Six-One-Evolution-MTB-Bike-Helmet-Full-Face-Carbon.html?cdf=SimilarProduct) :winkgrin:

JER
Jul. 31, 2011, 01:12 PM
Doesn't Gnep have a pic of himself in a similar get-up?

Gnep
Jul. 31, 2011, 01:31 PM
As I said to many trees to see the forest.
The Helmet is not the point. I tried a motorcycle helmet in the 80s. My problem was I could not hear my horses breathing and hoofbeat, which I felt is assential riding X-C.
What worked was a hang glider helmet, they have openings were the ears are, hang glider have to hear the wind going over the fabric.

But what caught my attention is the chest how nicely tight, I like those, no sag, no sliping up, just nice and firm, those slip over pinneys are great

Than naturally the butt got my attention, check point #3, and I thought wow that could be very interesting.
Checkpoint #4, between the legs confirmed my interest.

What would happen if that cord would be pulled.

Nice and firm around the chest, a little bit floppy above the butt and a string between the legs.

I think those wide open eyes in that helmet would start to bulge, when it gets blown.

Don't ya think so ?