PDA

View Full Version : See Thru Breeches

europa
Jul. 28, 2011, 10:35 AM
Just bought a pair of breeches that I love but they are well....SEE THRU.
What does everyone wear under these that aren't hot?

Should I worry? Are they less see thru in daylight?

Rhiannonjk
Jul. 28, 2011, 10:56 AM
Brand?

GreyDes
Jul. 28, 2011, 11:04 AM
FITS has their "Wunderbreech" for this - I haven't tried it, but they've started shipping it with their white breeches. Kerrits has something similar, and I know several people who swear by Spanx.

http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp?pn=X1-35687&ids=4698577

Reiter
Jul. 28, 2011, 11:30 AM
My summer show breeches are thin enough that you could see through them if you tried really hard! I just wear white panties and then of course the shirt is tucked in and covers up most of it. I have seen someone once at a big 3 star show that you could see the polka-dotted underwear! :lol:

Somantu
Jul. 28, 2011, 01:12 PM
Skintone, seamless undies. Like Jockey's No Pantyline PromiseĀ®
Colour should match your legs as closely as possible.

Rhiannonjk
Jul. 28, 2011, 01:46 PM
And just wear them on days you don't plan to stop at the grocery store on the way home :)

Give and Take
Jul. 28, 2011, 10:46 PM
Under Armour white boy shorts. i just hate the whole panty line, see thru thing...

The Kerrits liner is a nice woven nude color and comes just at your boot line so no seams at all...

dudleyc
Jul. 28, 2011, 10:59 PM
commando

GingerJumper
Jul. 28, 2011, 11:42 PM
Kerrits makes some riding underwear things that work great for covering up panty lines and such. FITS also has the new Wunderbreech line, although I haven't tried those yet. I just wear a long shirt and keep my coat on if it's too hot to put on under-breeches :lol:

Velvet
Jul. 29, 2011, 12:40 AM
In this weather??? I would never wear anything other than old fashioned cotton panties. Nude color if possible, if not, white works. I couldn't give a rip about showing panty lines or panties. It's about being comfortable at a show in the summer. I'm not going to be a fashion victim and suffer heat stroke, etc. Besides, this is a SPORT. Who really cares? It's about the horse and if you're well turned out, it looks good enough. (Actually, this is one reason why I prefer beige breeches.)

baroqueNheart
Jul. 29, 2011, 01:49 AM
This. Way more comfortable than spanx. And cheaper.

http://www.legluxe.com/product/womens-shapewear/control-shapewear/body-shapers/MSM-109?lleml&utm_source=email_t&utm_medium=email&utm_term=transactional&utm_content=body_item_txt&utm_campaign=o_conf

duecavalle
Jul. 29, 2011, 08:09 AM
I'm with Velvet in that I could not endure wearing anything like the "wundies" under my breeches and survive in the summer heat. I tried it with SmartSlims and thought I might die. Although I am vain enough to care about panty lines! I also hate wearing two layers. I find that the wundies or whatever is under the breeches sticks to my skin while the breeches slide up and down, especially if the breeches have a sticky full seat. Feels like I'll slide right out of my breeches!

It's a mystery to me why breech manufacturers cannot make a white breech that is not see-through. Either buy a thicker fabric or build in a lining. How hard can it be?

I have found NUDE underwear to work the best, like another poster said, as close to your skin tone as possible. White will just scream HI, I'M WEARING GRANNY PANTS. I like these - Gillian O'Malley Seamless Bikini (http://www.target.com/Panties-Intimates-Clothing-Womens/b/ref=nav_t_spc_1_inc_3_4?ie=UTF8&node=13768281) from Target. But can only wear them under certain white breeches. In other breeches I'll wear a thong. Not as comfortable but I can deal. In a skin-tone color, never white or a pattern!

Velvet
Jul. 29, 2011, 12:37 PM
It's a mystery to me why breech manufacturers cannot make a white breech that is not see-through. Either buy a thicker fabric or build in a lining. How hard can it be?

It's the exact same reason EVERYTHING is thinner these days. Think about turtlenecks in the winter. Never as thick as they used to be at the major department stores. Why? Oh, that's easy, it all comes down to shipping costs. You have them made in China and you have to pack them in as tight a space as possible, and as many as possible, to bring down your overall costs. Shipping is a huge part, even when it comes over in all those large containers. You only want to spend for so much room and so much weight.

If they'd only manufacture over here again. They could also actually get things well inspected so you the consumer would not have to return 9 out of 10 of the items due to them falling apart, having flaws, and having them not fit the same when shopping for multiples. :mad:

carolprudm
Jul. 29, 2011, 01:00 PM

Equissentials french terry in white

Dramapony_misty
Jul. 29, 2011, 01:24 PM
I've found that the Ovation Ultra DX Fullseats to be thin enough to be cool, but thick enough that you don't see through them. It also helps that they have that Drilex lining so that helps the no see-thru factor too.

duecavalle
Jul. 29, 2011, 08:25 PM
I've found that the Ovation Ultra DX Fullseats to be thin enough to be cool, but thick enough that you don't see through them. It also helps that they have that Drilex lining so that helps the no see-thru factor too.

have a pair of these and LOVE them! they are the one and only pair I can wear "full seat" underwear with. But guess what, they are being discontinued!

staceyk
Jul. 30, 2011, 12:26 AM
I bought a pair of tropical riders several years ago, the enduracools, and rode in my first show in them last week. I was taken aback when I put them on at home -- not really see through exactly, but every tiny bulge and contour was right there. In part to keep them clean I put on a pair of cheap leggings over them. Stripped the leggings off to school, and would not have traded that light, comfy feel for anything, let'em look! And besides you wear a coat. By the time I dismounted I figured whoever has a problem with it should get over it.

Comfort is everything. I did put on a long polo shirt after my ride :-).

Reiter
Jul. 30, 2011, 11:36 AM
What StacyK said! I have thicker white breeches and I never wear them. Here in CA when it is cool enough for them (in December/January) there are no shows! I love my thin breeches!

Alagirl
Jul. 30, 2011, 03:27 PM
Skintone, seamless undies. Like Jockey's No Pantyline PromiseĀ®
Colour should match your legs as closely as possible.

yep, skin tone is better than white :D

(or go commando)