PDA

View Full Version : Just had to share my wonderful news!!

dressagedevon
Jul. 27, 2011, 06:41 PM
It was confirmed this morning that my TB mare (who has the most wonderful floaty trot and rocking uphil canter, to bad they blew her knee out on the race track so I couldn't ride her and train her in dressage) is in foal with heartbeat to the fabulous stallion Freestyle for a May 2012 foal!! I am so excited this is a first for me, not for her though. It was a long road getting here but we have made it so far!!

ohrebecca
Jul. 27, 2011, 06:48 PM
Great news! Keep us updated!!

Touchstone Farm,Ky
Jul. 28, 2011, 12:05 AM
Congratulations! I have several Freestyle offspring here and can tell you they are really smart,talented horses with great personalities!

Bugs-n-Frodo
Jul. 28, 2011, 12:18 AM
Congratulations!!! Oh you are going to have so much fun!!

Beentheredonethat
Jul. 28, 2011, 12:28 AM
Yeah! You're going to love the baby. I have a yearling and a three year old by him. I hope you like hugging horses, 'cause they're big huggers. Both of my girls molest everyone to come up and hold their heads! They ALWAYS come when you call, too.

dressagedevon
Jul. 28, 2011, 12:12 PM
Oh you guys are making me want the foal already!!! I am a big hugger, I love that!! I actually turned one of mine who just didn't really care for people into one that will tolerate me hugging him, but only for a moment and when no one else is around, lol! Heaven forbid anyone think he is a mushy type horse ;).

The Hobbit
Jul. 28, 2011, 12:17 PM
Congratulations! That's quite exciting. :)

If it's the Hessen stallion, Freestyle, then I just (about 2 months ago) purchased a gelding by him and I absolutely LOVE him! He's super smart with an incredible mind and lovely gaits.

netg
Jul. 28, 2011, 02:48 PM
Congrats! What's your mare's breeding?

And don't you wish you could just go around and help the breeders see that their uphill/full of suspension TBs should never see a track and will be worth more as sporthorses? :lol:

Rooty
Jul. 28, 2011, 02:53 PM
Congratulations!

dressagedevon
Jul. 28, 2011, 05:19 PM
Congrats! What's your mare's breeding?

And don't you wish you could just go around and help the breeders see that their uphill/full of suspension TBs should never see a track and will be worth more as sporthorses? :lol:

I really do, it kills me that I can't ride her. Her knee is so nasty looking and still she floats around!! And the athletic bucks and twists she does, holy cow! http://www.pedigreequery.com/bills+royal+honey here's her pedigree, got some Mr.Prospector in there, but truthfully I am not a TB pedigree expert. I go off of looks, and gaits and she had both. :yes:

netg
Aug. 1, 2011, 05:21 PM
Looks and gaits are most important when combined with temperament!

Most horses w/ Vice Regent I've seen end up pretty nice, so I like the dam side! The top side is fairly non-offensive to me. I would want to make sure the Mr. Prospector crookedness/clubbiness isn't there, but I would with any horse regardless, so...

I look forward to baby pics next year! Some days I wish my guy were a mare so I could breed him because he's an uphill, floaty TB, too.

I have a mare with a debilitating barbed wire injury that appears to have never had a single stitch, but severed muscles and tendons. She somehow manages to run and buck and leap into the air like crazy despite one leg which doesn't function properly. Vets are always amazed she survived the healing phase of the injury, much less can even walk now. Horses can surprise us sometimes - and it's good to hear your special mare is doing ok despite her injury!