PDA

View Full Version : More saddle stuff-- Gaited?

Kyzteke
Jul. 27, 2011, 04:40 PM
Still on the saddle hunt;meanwhile I'm selling all my other saddles to save up for the new one.

One of my saddles looks like this:http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWlrBnQrRWzledPA5z2tGCH34NcWsiM _rBZ6PyeoZYYFZxJgg0
(NOT the actual saddle) and from what I understand is actually designed for gaited horses, specifically Icelandics, although I understand it does fine for Pasos, etc.

I am totally o/o the loop in terms of gaited horses -- can any of you gaited riders out there make suggestions on web sites where gaited trail riders gather where I might post this saddle?

GallopingGrape
Jul. 27, 2011, 04:53 PM
We have that same saddle here in the store. Its not specifically designed for a gaited horse, but it can be marketed that way. It an endurance saddle, most likely with a medium tree. If its specifically a gaited tree, that simply means it most likely has nice flare on the front of the bars and possibly a little rock. Try HorseClicks.com. Great website to sell saddles.
Kim
www.GallopingGrape.com

rmh_rider
Aug. 19, 2011, 06:17 PM
I ride gaited. However I ride in an Arabian Saddle Company Solstice.

I agree VERY MUCH SO with GG above. It is just marketed that way.

My saddle is a wide. It has fit with very good success my non-gaited arab, non-gaited QH, and my very much so gaited RM.

I am riding the RM pretty much on all rides now.

You want to get rid of your saddle, try ebay.