PDA

View Full Version : Video of me and my 19 yo at FEI Freestyle and I1 at Dressage at Devonwood 2011

Dutch Lovin' Dressage Rider
Jul. 25, 2011, 03:09 PM
He makes me so happy and proud! Brings tears to my eyes because of the history we have together. It has been almost 10 years. He is still the hot tamale he has always been but has definitely toned it down a bit now. :-) So much for collected canter! Changed back to his old saddle and we had much better tempis. Grabbed the wrong spurs and it shows in the tail swishing.

I1 Freestyle
http://www.youtube.com/user/SinghFarmDressage#p/a/u/0/eYIW75yct7w

FEI I1
http://www.youtube.com/user/SinghFarmDressage#p/a/u/1/kfipjyWcJIw

Petstorejunkie
Jul. 25, 2011, 03:22 PM
What a lovely pair! I'm sure you are beaming.
Have you two been dressage focused the whole 10 years?

GraceLikeRain
Jul. 25, 2011, 03:22 PM
You two are a beautiful pair. He looks like a massive, athletic horse, I cannot imagine the skill it takes to ride a horse that talented and large who is also on the hotter side. Truly impressive

mickeydoodle
Jul. 25, 2011, 03:32 PM
nice job in both tests, a few bobbles (esp canter) but nice rides overall. he does look like a hot tamale

mp
Jul. 25, 2011, 03:58 PM
What Grace said. Nice job!

And nice hat. :yes:

Jul. 25, 2011, 04:51 PM
Ah shucks thanks guys! It makes me so sad that we are both getting older. Not sure what the future holds for either of us due to life changes. He has done so much for me and been my partner for so long. Torn between trying to keep riding and showing him if I can afford to, all the others, or just retire him. I think he is happier doing something. He has always been so willing and eager. Such a do-er.

:-) Yes the hat! Are you referring to the other video where my hat flew off in 2008? :-) That was the last time we seriously competed I1. I was LMAO most of that test! 10 years together builds a strong bond. Ive been dressage focused for over 24 years. Going on 10 of 24 with him. Such history! Yes just dressage focused no jumping for him. Hes a big weenie when jumps get moved around the arena. Big chicken about hoping over little dry creek on my farm. Excellent trail horse for most part otherwise.

Hes always been super forward with giant engine. Hes had no injections but might use hocks done. Might help canter work. Vet will exam. Just MSM and other oral sups. Has had 2 adequan and 2 legend over last week.

I really hope we can continue to improve and keep competing. :-)

friesian4me
Jul. 25, 2011, 05:38 PM
What a wonderful partnership you have! Lucky you!

mickeydoodle
Jul. 25, 2011, 06:24 PM
You might think about those hock injections, he really seems to "unload" at the canter (gets less collected with time, especially in the changes) and sometimes that can be improved if the hocks feel better. He also "unloads" in the pirouettes, you start out with a few good steps then it gets large and becomes a circle as he comes off the hind end. Just mentioned it since you were thinking about it.

dwblover
Jul. 25, 2011, 07:21 PM
You two make a LOVELY pair!!!:D

Mist of Avalon
Jul. 25, 2011, 07:57 PM
That first video-- was that ride on Saturday evening 7:30 ish? I was there, making my way down to watch. :) I had a friend riding First level at 7:30

You have such a lovely boy!!

Petstorejunkie
Jul. 25, 2011, 08:50 PM
or just retire him. I think he is happier doing something. He has always been so willing and eager. Such a do-er.
I really hope we can continue to improve and keep competing. :-)
My horse is 17 and to me the road ends when he says so, not because everyone else's horses wear out a certain age.
I personally think fair retirement for your horse (when he gets to that point where he's trying but can't) would be something like second level, not grass fields

EasyStreet
Jul. 25, 2011, 10:15 PM
What an super lovely pair the two of you are!! I so enjoyed watching!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Delbert Paesano
Jul. 25, 2011, 10:39 PM
Nice test, very inspiring! Your horse reminds me A LOT of my horse, whom I love dearly and have owned for 11 years. We started at training level when he was 8 (after a career chamge from hunters) and we are now showing PSG and he is 15. I hope my horse is like yours when he is 19!

Nanerpus
Jul. 26, 2011, 08:54 AM
So much fun to watch, you are awesome and he is amazing!!! I got chills!

Oberon13
Jul. 26, 2011, 09:16 AM
I loved your choice of music! The canter half passes fit it so well! I also loved your little pats to him after your tempis (which seem to get him revved up!).

My friend works at Devonwood and mentioned what an awesome show this was...now I can see why! You guys are a classy pair and fun to watch!

mp
Jul. 26, 2011, 10:28 AM
:-) Yes the hat! Are you referring to the other video where my hat flew off in 2008? :-)

Actually, I was congratulating you on having the good sense to wear a helmet. Not many upper level riders in my area do, and I think that's unfortunate. But I think I'll go back to your channel and watch that 2008 ride. :lol:

Continued good wishes to you and your horse. Your partnership is evident in your ride.

Valentina_32926
Jul. 26, 2011, 11:10 AM
What I enjoyed seeing was the fact that you had so much "give" in the arms at the trot - kept horse very happy. :yes:

What are his bloodlines? He reminds me of my Dutch mare (except she's only 15.1 1/2 hands and moves like she's 17 hands, not BIG like him). :lol:

LarkspurCO
Jul. 26, 2011, 11:14 AM
Very pretty.:)

GallantGesture
Jul. 26, 2011, 11:16 AM
Beautiful, and inspirational. Thanks for sharing!

rprincess73
Jul. 26, 2011, 11:30 AM
Beautiful pair! Thank you for sharing:)

In regards to his hocks...I have a friend that has had WONDERFUL success with her 15 yr old TB. The injections made her mare a new "woman" in a matter of weeks.

netg
Jul. 26, 2011, 01:35 PM
His cute little ears just made me smile!

At the point when he can't keep up with the upper levels, I'm sure there are plenty of ammies in your area like me, who would love the chance on a horse who looks so happy to do his job and so good at it who needs to be lowered down the levels. If you wanted to keep him in your control you could probably lease him for money even. I would gladly have a horse like him live out the rest of its life at my place for the chance to learn lower levels and trail ride on; I'm sure plenty of people in your area feel the same way! He'd be worth any future maintenance.

But he doesn't look slowed down much now, so it doesn't look like there's any reason for you to give up on him yet!

Jul. 26, 2011, 04:03 PM
You all are so nice! Thanks! Your encouraging words make me feel very happy and a bit emotional! I was actually a bit shy about sharing the video. I was just so proud of him I couldnt contain myself. :-)

There is just something about the comfort and joy of a long standing partnership. Be it human, animal, employment, whatever. We should all charish that that has withstood the test of time.

I am taking a horse to a vetting tomorrow and the vet said bring him along. She is going to look at him too and inject if necessary. I do believe the newer saddle we used (when the tempis were messed up) before I switched back to his old custom one may have bugged his back. Vet will determine if back is sore. Doesnt palp positive for me but you know how horses are when they are familiar with our touch.

His bloodlines are: Fair Play x Indiaan x Jonker Oregon. Very old school on the bottom. Valentia what are your mares lines?

RWR
Jul. 26, 2011, 10:47 PM
I was at Devonwood and got to watch you perform. Your horse is beautiful! As someone else has already said, I'm sure there are people in the area who would love to lease a horse with his training.

Jul. 28, 2011, 09:04 AM
Vets loved him at OSU vet school yesterday! Very impressed with his physical condition suppleness and soundness. Gave me mucho cudos for how happy and healthy he is. So much that it made me cry. Negative hock flexions! Sound on all flexions except almost a 1 on a lower limb. No surprise been like that for 5 years. Range of motion is a little limited compared to other side. His back was loose and supple. No discomfort from the newer saddle. So vet did not recommend injections.

He was very nervous at the crowd before the FS in warm up and wanted to run. Even his walk was cruising. He has been known to get stage fright in large crowds LOL! I also had showers remorse myself and thought of scratching at the last minute. Regular I1 video and FS was first and second ride back in old saddle with improvement on tempis over use of former newer saddle. Previous day in a newer saddle had better collection but garbage tempis.

Thank you RWR! Next time you see us come up to say hi!

JLR1
Jul. 28, 2011, 07:56 PM
I think the OP is also too shy to mention he is for sale? Correct?

Jul. 28, 2011, 08:37 PM
Was. And you cant read. Other posts about him, or captions to some recent videos. Life changes caused me to put him up for sale when I didnt want to. Yep was listed for the I don't really want to sell him price. Situation appears to have changed. Sold others so seem to be out of the woods. But hey thanks for your inquiry.

JLR1
Jul. 28, 2011, 08:57 PM
I'm sorry to have touched a nerve... I CAN read his sale ad on warmbloods....
You might want to update that to avoid confusion. Again, I apologize for any confusion on my part.

http://www.warmbloods-for-sale.com/HorseDetail.asp?HorseID=25689&UserID=10607

GreyStreet
Jul. 28, 2011, 09:22 PM
That ad was placed a long time ago - people's circumstances change.

Your horse is beautiful, and I enjoyed his videos. My girl just turned 21 and I've only had her a year and a half, but she's taught me so much already. I am hoping that she has many more years left to teach me. You are right, there is certainly something to ride a horse you've developed a real partnership with. I hope that I will be as lucky as you have been in being able to maintain that partnership for the next ten plus years!

aWp
Jul. 28, 2011, 11:17 PM
We have a horse in the barn that is 29, and still showing at First Level. He was doing Grand Prix tests at 27, until his hind suspensory ligaments started flaring up too much. He's on lots of maintenance at this point, but he loves to show, and would die of depression if he were retired. We're all thinking he's going to die of a heart attack in the show ring, and will go out happy that way....

Your horse looks great! Best of luck, and that's wonderful to hear you get to keep your boy.

indyblue
Jul. 29, 2011, 07:08 AM
Totally off topic but I see you have two chestnut Prestige VDL progeny.I also have a ginger ninja by him. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1535074131831.2072095.1084149775&type=1 here in New Zealand. I tried to be a color breeder and go for a flashy bay with bling which is mainly the color of Prestiges progeny. Anyway Prestige has just been sold to Australia to a GP rider and she is aiming for the 2012 and or 2016 Olympics.Fingers crossed for them.