PDA

View Full Version : Stirrups slick after water complex

KC058
Jul. 24, 2011, 05:58 PM
What do you all like to do about water splashed slippery stirrups? It was a problem at my last event.

Thx!

yellowbritches
Jul. 24, 2011, 05:59 PM
Cheese grater stirrup pads. Used to think they were stupid, now I can't live without them.

baxtersmom
Jul. 24, 2011, 06:01 PM
I have these:
http://www.adamshorsesupply.com/browse.cfm/4,7734.html

And then I usually add a few turns of vetwrap if it's raining or I think we'll get splashy in the water. Works okay for us!

mcm7780
Jul. 24, 2011, 06:36 PM
I always used Vet Wrap. Plus the colors made for fun accessorizing!

Carried Away
Jul. 24, 2011, 06:43 PM
I second the Super Comfort pads...use them on both saddles and hate riding in other people's saddles without!

ACMEeventing
Jul. 24, 2011, 06:51 PM
I carry a portable hair dryer, works great. I store it with my GPS system under my helmet (it tucks in neatly behind my beer cooler).

Noctis
Jul. 24, 2011, 09:55 PM
Definitely the super comfort pads. Work wonders for my back and knees PLUS never get slippery. Win-win.

TBrescue
Jul. 24, 2011, 09:59 PM
Definitely the super comfort pads. Work wonders for my back and knees PLUS never get slippery. Win-win.

^^^^^This^^^^^
They are great. You will love them!!!!

KC058
Jul. 24, 2011, 10:02 PM
Can I put these super comfort pads on top of my hermsprenger's?

Dakotawyatt
Jul. 24, 2011, 10:18 PM
Can I put these super comfort pads on top of my hermsprenger's?

Yep!

And agree, I use these too.

colormecrosscountry
Jul. 30, 2011, 09:15 PM
I LOVE vet wrap on my stirrups. Its much cheaper than buying completely new stirrup pads and they come in pretty colors :p

I used to have problems with my stirrups slipping around a little bit after the water, but now they barely move. Some people think it looks funny (I used to be one of them) but now I can't live without it!

oldhorsegirl
Jul. 31, 2011, 12:18 AM
These are the best--I had the cheese grater 'pads', which can scrape up your saddle, your leathers, AND your paddock shoes or boots if/when you get dumped. The comfort pads give some cushion, and are delightfully grippy. Vetrap is very helpful, but just go ahead and buy the comfort pads. You'll end up putting them on every saddle you own.

ThirdCharm
Jul. 31, 2011, 03:59 PM
Super Comfort Pads. I have them on all my saddles, and my oldest set is seven years old and still look brand new. Well worth the price.

Whoever makes them should have them in colors.... would that not be awesome?

Jennifer