PDA

View Full Version : Boarding & instr. in Carroll Cty Maryland

dkcbr
Jul. 24, 2011, 12:23 PM
Looking at probable move to Sykesvilleish area. I have the Equiery. :)

Does anyone have recommendations for barns with ample turnout, some trail access, and possibly training and/or instruction (drsg/eventing re-rider) in the general area? Does not have to have an indoor although that would be nice. :yes:

Anyone know anything about Water's Edge, Cherry Valley Equestrian Center, or Serenity Farm (or might be Serenity Stables)?

Prefer to stay under $600.

colormecrosscountry
Jul. 30, 2011, 09:19 PM
Water's Edge is a really nice barn, I know a couple people that ride there and they love it. Its beautifully kept and right by the water (hence the name) but there might be a wait list. As far as the other barns, I haven't heard of them. But since your into eventing I'd look into waredaca, readdemeade (not the best facilities, but they have decent instruction) and Talbot Run would all be good places.. Waredaca being the best, but I've never been a boarder at any of them. Just things I've heard. Good luck!

kjc4
Jul. 31, 2011, 08:58 PM
Kate Chadderton is an excellent trainer who works out of two wonderful barns, Sunset Hill Farms and Taylormade Stables. She is very active on the show circuit and is very encouraging and her students seem to be quite successful. You could google the barns or I think her website is www.katechadderton.com.

teddygirl
Aug. 1, 2011, 12:24 AM
dkcbr, you have a pm