PDA

View Full Version : GRC Photos

vxf111
Jul. 23, 2011, 10:09 PM
Anyone have an experience with GRC Photos? Do they usually take a long time to post photos on their website? They're covering Pony Club Championship/Festival. The championship is over, it started last Tuesday and now they're into the festival part with clinics and education. So far there are no photos up at. None at all. Not any from the competition part.

Coming from the hunter/jumper world, usually pro photogs start loading stuff on a rolling basis, and by this time in a week-long or longer show, some photos would be us. Is this typical for eventing photographers, or for GRC specifically?

I know, I know, I'm being impatient. But I want to SEE how the kids are doing! Although there was live feed, it skipped around from day to day and managed to miss all the rides I wanted to see. So... I wanna' see photos. I'm dying to see photos!!! :):)

asterix
Jul. 23, 2011, 10:15 PM
GRC takes GREAT photos. Great. and lots of them. You will not be disappointed.

Typically, I have been to events held Sat-Sun. They post by Tu or Wed at the latest.

If they have been on-site all this time, I would give them a day or two AFTER their work in the field is done to get photos up. This is not a big operation -- they are working hard on site to get the photos (and they typically have a trailer where you can see your photos on the same day, so...). As soon as they can, they'll get the photos up.

JWB
Jul. 23, 2011, 10:18 PM
I only got to one event with them (sadly they're not down here in my home patch) and while it did take a bit, I LOVED the photos and their prices were really reasonable for the quality. Got a TON of photos on my CD and the quality was fantastic. Took about a month for delivery which is not unreasonable but I wouldn't call it lightning fast either.

vxf111
Jul. 23, 2011, 10:18 PM
I know, I know. I need to be patient. But since they managed to film everything BUT our girls' rides... I need my photo fix! I really want to see how its going. No... I am DYING TO see how it's going ;)

JWB
Jul. 23, 2011, 11:11 PM
I know, I know. I need to be patient. But since they managed to film everything BUT our girls' rides... I need my photo fix! I really want to see how its going. No... I am DYING TO see how it's going ;)

At Fair Hill they had the photos uploaded towards the end, but by no means on the day of for viewing in the trailer on site. They were not up online for quite some time though.

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 24, 2011, 06:19 AM
I work for GRC (though not this weekend at USPC) and can tell you that they're probably swamped because they're covering every discipline. You're able to view your photos at the show in their trailer, and event photos are almost always posted online by the Wed. following the show. I'd guess that due to the massive amount of photos from USPC, it will probably take most of the week to upload them, but when they're up, you won't be disappointed! We all work hard and love what we do.

Be patient! Not everything is instant! :)

pegasusmom
Jul. 24, 2011, 07:50 AM
Talked with GRC on Friday as I had ordered a photo the previous week and had heard nothing from them. They are at USPC Championships, covering every discipline except polocrosse, and are up to their eyeballs. In addition the trip from their home base took an additional 15+ hours due to mechanical issues with a vehicle or trailer (after my overnight haul back from Lexington I can't remember the details)

They kindly emailed me my photo right then and there - give them a few more days to catch their breath.

vxf111
Jul. 24, 2011, 08:26 AM
I'm just nervous/excited/wish I was there. I am sure the photos will be well worth it... But gahhh I am not feeling patient over here?

In re: price, do you remember whether they did special packages for pony club that were less expensive? I looked at the prices on the website for prices for the last few events grc covered and they were in line with and only perhaps a touch cheaper than what I am used to paying for most pro h/j photos.

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 24, 2011, 10:14 AM
Gary usually has some good deals, just ask someone who was there to find out. I think the CD is a pretty good buy considering how many photos you get.

vxf111
Jul. 24, 2011, 10:49 AM
I emailed GRC a couple of days ago to ask about specials. Hopefully I hear back.

Communication with those there hasn't been so great. I dunno if they're just running from place to place or dying in the heat but updates are few and far between... Which is why I am dying to see photos!!!

Tazzie
Jul. 24, 2011, 11:09 AM
Just wanted to add my 2 cents:

IMHO - GRC is the best in Area 2! They always take many many photos and the quality is great. I always end up ordering the disc to get all my photos - and now instead of a disc they put the photos on a USB drive that is made of wood and with your horse's name on it, very pretty and a great idea! I have 2 of them so far and am getting ready to order a 3rd from MDHT II.

Also - they have reduced taking dressage shots at some shows and putting their resources into the jumping phases, though when Carolyn of MDHT asked them to please shoot the dressage phase they did so, I love my photos from the dressage as much as the jumping so I'm pleased to have them too!

Gary is also a most amazing man. Very easy to talk to, knows his stuff, and really works hard to get photos up ASAP and delivered ASAP. I honestly don't have a single negative thing to say about him and his company and that is after many years of working with them.

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 24, 2011, 11:12 AM
Wanted to add Tazzie that if you ask at the start of the show day, they will shoot your dressage. They used to have a sign that said "by request" but Gary told me at Seneca that only two people besides me asked for dressage photos.

Tazzie
Jul. 24, 2011, 11:22 AM
Wanted to add Tazzie that if you ask at the start of the show day, they will shoot your dressage. They used to have a sign that said "by request" but Gary told me at Seneca that only two people besides me asked for dressage photos.

Thanks for that, very good to know!

lcw579
Jul. 24, 2011, 12:15 PM
Just got back from PC Nationals and they were swamped. They photographed everything and had laptops up so that the kids could come see their rounds before they left. They were mobbed with kids and parents looking and ordering before they left for home.

The prices were great and so were the photos. I ended up buying the entire digital package that included all the pictures and the videos of all 5 rounds of show jumping. DD was so happy that for once there were plenty of pictures of her.

Try to be patient. It was hotter than hell down there and they did a phenomenal job.

vxf111
Jul. 24, 2011, 07:27 PM
Biting my nails here but trying to be patient!

Clear Blue
Jul. 24, 2011, 09:14 PM
I think that initially there was supposed to be a second photographer to split the work with GRC. When Gary was helping me out last Sunday he told me that he was asked at the last minute to cover the whole event.

He emailed me my pictures in between packing for the trip. I loves those guys:).

vxf111
Jul. 24, 2011, 09:33 PM
Kid just texted me and said she didn't see a photographer around during her cross country clinic. I think I'm going to cry :( I emailed Gary before the show started saying I specifically wanted to buy photos and gave him the rider/horse info. Trying not to get upset but... this makes me very sad. No updates from the folks there. And now, maybe, no photos even later :(:( Just venting, I am really sad :(

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 25, 2011, 07:22 AM
Are they even covering the clinics? I thought they just went to cover the competition?

vxf111
Jul. 25, 2011, 08:15 AM
That would be a question I emailed to ask GRC before the shindig even started. I never got a reply.

My understanding is that they ARE covering the clinics. Although, I guess only some of them. I specifically asked if they could photograph one in particular. No reply to that email either, and no one saw them around.

I'll PM you.

pegasusmom
Jul. 25, 2011, 08:43 AM
Perhaps it you tried calling them. . . there is a phone number listed on their website.

I had sent several emails and when I talked with Gary on Friday he said they had been so busy he hadn't had time to even look at his inbox. As soon as he knew there was an issue he took care of me immediately.

vxf111
Jul. 25, 2011, 08:46 AM
I called once before the whole event started and no one picked up, so I emailed that day as well-- thinking email might be easier. I just assumed with smartphones and being on the computer anyway to upload photos, that emailing 2x would be sufficient. Or that the sessions would just get photographed as a matter of course, without someone needing to ask.

It's too late now. The event happened and no photos were taken and I wasn't there so I didn't get to even see it myself. And that's that.

Dini1
Jul. 28, 2011, 07:25 AM
Does anyone know the website for GRC? We were at Festival and would love to see if they got any pictures of my daughter. I never saw them or even a trailer that they located in.
Thanks

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 28, 2011, 07:33 AM
They were definitely there. Website is grcphoto.com, or check photo reflect.com and search for them. Sometimes that brings it up.

vxf111
Jul. 28, 2011, 08:47 AM
Allegedly they did shoot festival. Er, parts of festival. Er, unclear what parts. I was told pre-festival by the Pony Club contact that GRC was shooting the clinics. I was told by folks on the ground that they did not see GRC at any of the clinics they attended. Still haven't gotten a response to GRC to either of my emails, one of which was sent well over a week ago, before championship even started. So I am still not clear what did/didn't happens and what was/wasn't photographed.

CallMeGrace
Jul. 28, 2011, 08:54 AM
We were told by PC that they would be photographing the clinics, but on the last day when we went to look at photos they told us they were only photographing requests. We asked for the last show jumping clinic so fingers crossed they got something (although my daughter has taken some great stills from the video!).

CallMeGrace
Jul. 28, 2011, 08:54 AM
P.S. vxf's horse is quite the cutie!!

vxf111
Jul. 28, 2011, 08:58 AM
We were told by PC that they would be photographing the clinics, but on the last day when we went to look at photos they told us they were only photographing requests. We asked for the last show jumping clinic so fingers crossed they got something (although my daughter has taken some great stills from the video!).

Gee... was there any way to MAKE requests if you weren't there in person? Calling and email didn't work!!! The more I find out in dribs and drabs, the more ticked off I am. I'm not sure I want to give them any money now! Communication has SUCKED all around in every way! People who are THERE don't know what's being photographed. People who aren't there can't communicate with anyone. Pony club tells me one thing, reality turned out to be another...

tm
Jul. 28, 2011, 12:22 PM
The scale of Pony Club Nationals/Festival is pretty amazing. It's huge, and it seems to go on forever.

I haven't covered them since the dinosaur days of film photography (I think 2000 was my last one), but back then there were Championships in six or seven disciplines going on at the same time during the Championship days, and after that, 600-700 horses and riders take part in the Festival. There are 7-8 cross country clinics going on at any given moment, along with show jumping, dressage, games, etc clinics happening at the same time in different locations. While we tried to photograph as many clinics as possible, we did concentrate on requests - and we had signs posted in every possible place about this. Otherwise, even with a battalion of photographers, we just couldn't be everywhere.

It's pretty wild, lots of fun, and devilishly hard work for everyone, including the photographers. When we were shooting film, we had to be sure that the printed proofs were ready for viewing by the last day. We would contract with a local photo lab to get the film processed, make a mad dash to their door at the end of the day, take a half hour to get dinner while the processing started, and when the first set of prints would come off the machine, we'd start numbering them and putting them in albums and envelopes. On that last day, we definitely only photographed on request - we needed all hands on deck because of the crowds at the stand trying to see their photos! We didn't get much sleep during Pony Club, but we had a blast!

But I'm really, really glad that the internet as we now know it didn't exist at the time: it was hard enough dealing with the massive crowds of Pony Clubbers and Pony Club parents in person without being required to keep up with email and bulletin boards in real time as well.

vxf111
Jul. 28, 2011, 12:32 PM
Maybe it's too big a job for one photographer!? But I didn't staff it!

I also imagine that it was expoentially harder work in the days before digital images! A lot of what you've described as very time consuming is just not part of the process anymore (running to a photoshop to print hard-copy proofs and orders, putting them in albums, etc.) Between capturing photos digitally, people buying photos in digital format, and the ability to print images on printers-- I suspect it's not quite as insane as it was back then.

tm
Jul. 28, 2011, 12:44 PM
I covered it with a staff of 3 or 4, and there were usually two photo outfits there. But this was back in the days when the earnings from a show would support two crews that size. I have no idea how it is staffed now.

JWB
Jul. 28, 2011, 12:49 PM
There were supposed to be two photographers to cover Nationals/Festival but one cancelled at the last moment. GRC was trying to fill the gap as best they could but it truly was just too big a job for one group.

clm08
Jul. 28, 2011, 12:55 PM
I got pics from GRC from the 2007 PC Championships. There were 700 horses just for the Championship part, a lot more arrived for Festival. At least for the Championship part, they had pics up on their computers very quickly, quality of pics was excellent and pricing reasonable. I got their offer of CD with all my daughter's pic and don't regret it one minute.
I don't remember checking for pics of the Festival part, I'm sure they were there but it'd be nearly impossible to cover the multiple clinics going all day long so it makes sense they would need to shoot on request.
I am sorry that vxf111 had such bad communication problems with GRC - I know from experience with another equine show photography business that they are great at shooting pics, but can be lousy in communication and customer service (this was not with GRC).

vxf111
Jul. 28, 2011, 02:11 PM
I didn't know that there were supposed to be two different outfits working the event. That makes sense to me. It did seem like an overly ambitious task for one company. But that's what the website said and when I called, I was told by the PC person that GRC was covering everything. I wasn't told "only if you ask in person" and I did try my best to contact GRC from up here in NJ. Beyond phone and email (one of which was sent BEFORE the competition started) I don't know how else I could get in touch with them?!

I would have liked to buy a big package of photos. I like supporting photographers and I'll buy something from virtually every show so long as they get a shot of my horse. But it didn't seem like there was any way to actually communicate with GRC, and I am dissapointed by that. Very disappointed that there probably won't be XC/showjumping photos from the clinics. These would have been very special photos, if anyone would have bothered to take them. As I explained in my emails, which I guess just didn't get read?!

If I would have known that GRC was unable to cover everything (and that's okay, but that's contrary to what I was told and what the PC website seemed to indicate), I happen to know someone who is an ex-pro photographer who is in KY and I could have paid her to go shoot-- but I would never do that and step on the toes of someone who has been selected by the organizer and paid to be there. Not when the website clearly says the photog is shooting everything.

I guess, what upset me a bit is not that it wasn't possible for the photographer to capture everything-- but the lack of communication and mixed messages from PC when I did speak to someone there. I am also disappointed at the folks on the ground who I guess didn't see the signs or understand that they had to go ask specifically if they wanted their clinic session photographed. I wish they would have tried to communicate with GRC on my behalf. I did what I could from home.

I am hoping against hope that GRC was there and that no one saw them... or someone out there took photos. If not, I am going to be very disappointed. :( I'm just waiting now to see what GRC posts on the website. I would think they'd want to get it up ASAP because I would guess people are more inclined to buy photos when the competition is fresh in their mind, and these are kids so the closer we get to back-to-school the more other things become the focus and money gets spent on clothes etc. I'd think it would help sales to get photos up quickly. So... I just keep checking and hoping!

IronwoodFarm
Jul. 28, 2011, 02:39 PM
vxf111 -- you are not alone. Last year I wanted to buy a CD of photos of my horse from the Area II BN Championships. The GRC website would not allow me to buy it. Phone calls went unanswered, emails got no response. I tried many times. I even tried later in the year when the eventing season was over.
Nada zip.

So while I like the people and think they take nice photos, I don't bother with GRC anymore. It's business 101 to respond to your customer requests. They made it way too hard for me to purchase something, so I passed.

eventerchick517
Jul. 29, 2011, 01:25 PM
I was at Championships and Festival and I did see the photographers EVERYWHERE. I was majorly impressed at the amount and quality of photos they were able to take. There was close to 2000 horses there(so I was told, all I know was it was a LOT) for Championships.

I do know the GRC took photos of the clinics at Festival. I was able to find photos of both my cross-country clinics and my show jump. Not very many nor quite as nice as the Championship photos, but the photographers were out there. I hope they were able to get some photos of your rider! :)

vxf111
Jul. 29, 2011, 02:20 PM
Oh boy, I hope. If they did, I will come back here and praise them for somehow managing to sneak photos on the sly. Eventerchick, what clinics and days did you have XC and showjumping?

I check the website a couple of times a day. Nothing yet!

I also have yet to get any response to either of my emails.

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 29, 2011, 02:29 PM
Eventing has started to go up.

http://www.photoreflect.com/store/thumbpage.aspx?e=8141906

Vxf111, you have to be patient! Complaining about it on the internet or calling/emailing isn't going to get them up any faster. It was a massive undertaking, and it takes hours to upload thousands of photos.

I'm not sure why you've had trouble communicating with them now. Is Festival over?

vxf111
Jul. 29, 2011, 02:46 PM
Wait... how did you get to the eventing photos?? When I click on the main GRC website... I don't see a link for that (am I missing it?)

http://grcphoto.com/grcphto_002.htm

Festival has been over since Tuesday at 5pm, I believe. Although I understand that due to the heat/other events moving in (young riders and a H/J show) many people left earlier on Tuesday.

vxf111
Jul. 29, 2011, 02:52 PM
Okay, well, evidently I've been checking the WRONG GRC website. They seem to be uploading to...

http://www.photoreflect.com/store/store.aspx?p=32041

But not to...

http://www.grcphoto.com/

Confusing. So I'll just check the photoreflect website now since that's the active one.

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 29, 2011, 02:53 PM
The way I do it is to go to photoreflect.com, search under "Photographers" and enter the zip code, 22720. Then you find GRC listed and click on it. Or the direct link would be - http://www.photoreflect.com/store/store.aspx?p=32041. Then you can see a list of recent shows on the left hand side. The links are always up there first before they're on the main grcphoto.com site.

piaffeprincess98
Jul. 29, 2011, 02:54 PM
Okay, well, evidently I've been checking the WRONG GRC website. They seem to be uploading to...

http://www.photoreflect.com/store/store.aspx?p=32041

But not to...

http://www.grcphoto.com/

Confusing. So I'll just check the photoreflect website now since that's the active one.
The links on the main grcphoto.com website will take you to photoreflect, but they don't seem to put the links up until after the photos are up on photoreflect. So it's just easier to bookmark the photoreflect store front and check it that way.

Basically grcphoto.com is an easy link to remember and it's the hub. The photos are actually hosted on photoreflect.

vxf111
Jul. 29, 2011, 03:13 PM
Got it! Now I can stalk the right website ;)

GRCPHOTO
Jul. 29, 2011, 08:58 PM
We just got back Late Wednesday Night and we are all exhausted from 8 - 10 to 15 hour days in a row. We did unpack all the computers and are Cleaning them a and reinstalling them so we can start uploading the74,000 plus photos that we did at USPC Champs and Festival. It will take a while!!! But we hope the have the job complete by Tuesday. Please be Patient as we are working as fast as we can.

We did not have a good enough connection at the KY Horse Park to upload while on site so we had to wait until we returned.

I will post the links as soon as we get them done. Oh and I had nothing to do with the live web video feed. That was a different company.

Gary:winkgrin:

eventerchick517
Jul. 29, 2011, 10:37 PM
I had Cross Country at 8am with Cathy W on Sunday, Cross Country at 1pm with Cathy W on Monday, and Show Jumping at 8 am with Gegi Winslet(sp?) on Tuesday.

BTW, GRC Photo, you guys are amazing! I LOVE the photos you guys got of my stadium round. :) Thanks so much!

vxf111
Jul. 29, 2011, 11:41 PM
Waiting with baited breath for the clinic photos...

Sounds like you got into some really good clinics eventer. Except what are the odds of you getting the sme clinician twice?! Wow?!

One of our kids had a ride with Gigi and LOVED it!

lcw579
Jul. 30, 2011, 08:44 PM
So? How did you like the pictures? I saw that dressage was up.

vxf111
Jul. 30, 2011, 09:36 PM
There are a few dressage ones I would buy. Kid apparently had a wardrobe and tack malfunction on many of the days (oy, I am so anal, maybe it's good I wasn't there!!! There was a lot of crazy there!!!) ;) and color me surprised that at a national championship-- the kids don't braid for dressage?! That surprised me! I was expecting to see waived coats but I thought for sure the kids would braid!? The kid braids for dressage at unrecognized events at home... I am very surprised to see no one braided at all?!

I was actually not wanting the champs photos so much as wanting to see the photos of the clinics... I have shots of me riding dressage. What I don't have are things like cross country and show jumping! I keep checking and checking... it looks like most of the champs photos are up so the clinics/festivals must be next!

clm08
Jul. 30, 2011, 10:51 PM
I know in PC the horses cannot be left with braids overnight. Maybe the kids who rode earlier didn't have time to braid? Some horses in the pics were braided.

I am actually more surprised at the number of horses not on the bit.:confused: How did they qualify to be at Championships if they don't have their horses on the bit? Some looked pretty strung out in the canter too. IIRC, kids need 2 qualifying scores of 60 or above from 2 different "r" judges to go to Champs. At least that was how our region qualified the kids for dressage. Is it different for other regions?

vxf111
Jul. 30, 2011, 10:59 PM
I think a lot of horses got to the Kentucky Horse Park and were more than a sight unglued than at home, clm08. Thankfully that didn't happen to any of our kids but one was on a scramble team with someone whose horse had scored great at home and was a giraffe at champs. A long trailer ride, several days in the stall with no turnout, unusual heat, and being ridden in a strange ring-- some horses just didn't do to well with that.

I am really pleased with how our horses looked in the photos I saw (kids need to get a little more organized with tack and turnout, but that's another story). The horses looked as good to me as they have looked at closer /"home" shows. So that's good. One of our horses was a STAR during champs and then came UNGLUED during festival. He kept it under control just long enough, heh heh!

I don't quite understand the lack of braiding. Our kids had some rides at 10am and some at 3pm. I've been awake at 4am braiding ;) If it's dressage, I braid. If it's a rated hunter show, I braid. If it's a strip class, I braid. End of story. Sometimes for schooling hunter shows too. But I'm old school, anal, and I live to buy photos. You'll also never see me sans jacket, even when they're excused (photos!) but I completely understand that and support a junior rider dealing with the heat by losing the jacket. The braiding blows my mind. This is their national championship... even as a kid, I'd have found time to braid (probably crappily, but I would have done it! I am a hunter and started off showing APHA were turnout is ANAL beyond belief so maybe I just approach things differently).

lcw579
Jul. 30, 2011, 11:22 PM
Braiding isn't required. The barns opened down in dressage at 5am. Kids could not get in any earlier. I believe the rides started at 7am. In order to do all they had to there really was not time to braid for most of them.

As for the jackets - the dressage venue was in one of the hottest areas. No trees. The kids were really suffering down there from what I heard. I was up in show jumping where we had a few trees and some of the kids were really suffering. There were more than a few trainers that refused to allow the kids to wear their jackets even for the eq round.

At all the venues horses and riders were being iced down in between their rounds. Hot is the understatement of the year for what it was like down there.

Some horses handled it all remarkably well, others had a tough time. We were lucky with our guy but it did get dicey for my daughter at one point. She was pretty dehydrated and heat sick.

tm
Jul. 30, 2011, 11:27 PM
If my ancient memories of Pony Club Nationals serve me: When jackets are waived, that means they are forbidden.

But things might have changed since the turn of the millennium.

vxf111
Jul. 30, 2011, 11:32 PM
All in all, I feel really pleased with how our horses handled it. One of them is a real green bean and ;) had never been to a showexperience remotely like that before and NONE of them were expecting that kind of heat. Everyone held it together fairly well!

JWB
Jul. 31, 2011, 03:35 PM
Back in the DARK ages when I went, braids were not allowed, but it did look odd to see the photos of the horses without braids.
Guess you can braid now though....

Highflyer
Jul. 31, 2011, 05:19 PM
I believe braids are allowed for Dressage but not for the dressage phase of eventing. It seems like prior to the early 90's Cs were allowed to braid for the dressage phase but not sj, and then they changed that for some reason I never understood. I think they do outright forbid jackets at a certain point, for safety reasons, and if it was as hot there as it was here that was totally justified.

vxf111
Jul. 31, 2011, 05:22 PM
Seems like the festival photos are up but the website isn't working for me. At least, not the albums I want to look through. Aurgh! ;)

vxf111
Jul. 31, 2011, 05:42 PM
I don't know how they did it with no one seeing them but GRC got photos of cross country. Thank you thank you thank you. This makes me SO HAPPY. Full explanation why in a bit...

Highflyer
Jul. 31, 2011, 05:48 PM
I'm thinking you must be buying the horse, selling the horse, or adopting the kid! I love pictures and always check a million times to see if they're up but I think you might be worse :)

vxf111
Jul. 31, 2011, 06:27 PM
Highflyer...

How about lending my green 5 year old showhunter who has never gone farther than an hour away or stayed at a show more than overnight to a kid whose horse went lame days before champs... so she could not only compete in dressage but then in festival take him on a "foxhunt," showjump him 3'3, and take him BN cross country. A lot of firsts, I've never so much as ridden this horse in an open field... let alone jumped him cross country. He jumped a ditch, water, up/down a bank-- he jumped EVERYTHING he was pointed at, piloted by a C3 pony clubber who rode him for less than a week before leaving and never jumped him over more than a gymnastic at home. He did everything asked of him and never blinked. I am so so proud-- and I couldn't be there. A lot of FIRSTS, big firsts. I took a big chance sending my baby horse very far away to do strange new things with a teenager and he exceeded all my expectations. And now, thankfully, it'll be memorialized in a photo. Baby's first cross country :)

I'd post a link to the photo GRC got (which I have in my cart and am buying) but I can't figure out how to link to individual photos? Maybe you just can't.

lcw579
Jul. 31, 2011, 07:46 PM
I am so happy it all worked out for you! What number was she? Can we check them out that way?

vxf111
Jul. 31, 2011, 07:55 PM
I don't think they had numbers for the clinics? Courtney isn't wearing a pinney or arm number in the photos?! No one else seems to be either?!

I've looked through all the possible sections and so far I've only found one set of photos of her jumping a cross country jump. Unless some sections aren't up yet, her foxhunting clinic, showjumping, and dressage clinic weren't photographed.

vxf111
Jul. 31, 2011, 10:03 PM
Ordered two photos. Very happy to have one of cross country!

eventerchick517
Aug. 1, 2011, 03:30 PM
That's awesome that they got photos of your rider! :) Major round of applause to your horse for being such a good boy! :yes:

As for the braiding and coat thing....I braided for the dressage phase and wanted to for sj but was it "suggested" to me by horse management that I not braid for sj.:sigh: Which I rather don't understand as I think it looks a lot better, my braids aren't perfect, but they are neat and presentable.(I'm a C-2) I also intended to show in my coat for dressage...but it didn't make it to the ring before I went in. Whoops.(Result of a miscommunication with my SM:lol:) Then HM asked that we not wear them in sj. I understand it was hot but I really think we should have been allowed to wear them. It looks far more professional and to me thats what Pony Club is about. Becoming a quality and professional horseman. But oh well. I'm looking forward to next year! :D

GRCPHOTO
Aug. 1, 2011, 05:11 PM
Good news everyone we have finished uploading all the photos for USPC Championships and Festival. Just go to grcphoto.com and click on the USPC 2011 button on the opening page and that will take you to all the links.

We did our best to get as many photos of all the disciplines (except polo-cross) and we tried to cover as much of festival as we could. Everything we have is now on line and I hope every enjoys them.

Gary