PDA

View Full Version : flair panels vs. cair

Hampton Bay
Jul. 22, 2011, 05:04 PM
I know some people on here are very vocal in their hatred for cair, but I happen to have one horse who seems to really like the idea. Of course, I refuse to purchase anything made by Bates or Wintec, so that is out.

But I did find a flair saddle, and the basic shape or tree and panels seem like a very good fit for this horse, based on pictures.

Has anyone ridden a horse in both? If they like the cair, do they generally like flair too? I can do a week trial on it, but before I spend the money on shipping, I want to hear from someone with more experience with flair panels. I've not had the opportunity to really inspect any, though I knew a couple people who owned saddles with flair several years back.

JanDinWA
Jul. 25, 2011, 05:11 PM
We have two saddles with Flair and like it. Unlike the Cair panels, you can adjust the Flair panels so you can change them as your horse changes. There are saddle fitters that have the pump and know how to do it. The cool thing is that they can change the air in the panels while you ride so you can feel the differences without getting off the horse.

I've never ridden in a saddle with Cair panels, but I've heard that they tend to be over inflated.