PDA

View Full Version : Sooo Tempting!!! An Irish x Fred Baby for sale!!

Xctrygirl
Jul. 22, 2011, 03:34 PM
Ok let me first say... I have no connection to this horse. I was only playing on Dreamhorse.com

That being said.... Ohhhh my Gosh.... So wrong. Gail why do you allow such beautiful babies to come along and tempt us???? :)

http://www.dreamhorse.com/show_horse.php?form_horse_id=1699223

Someone with more time and $$$$$ please go grab this guy!!!

Seriously am yearning for a Fred baby. One day...... one day.

~Emily

kcmel
Jul. 22, 2011, 04:17 PM
Lovely horse. But I want the farm! I love the mountains in the background on the vid. That's not Unionville!

bornfreenowexpensive
Jul. 22, 2011, 04:20 PM
Lovely horse. But I want the farm! I love the mountains in the background on the vid. That's not Unionville!

It is unionville, PA. That is Blarney--I know him. Very nice young horse. Video is shot from the sand ring at Laurel Hill Farm.....really lovely farm with some of the best views in the state. Hills are the Laurels--fabulous hacking country.

Xctrygirl
Jul. 22, 2011, 04:35 PM
Dear God I didn't let myself watch the video. Are you guys nuts!!!

LOL

Of course I love the facility the video is shot at and I have enjoyed all my schooling and clinics there!! And yes it is most def Unionville. A very nice part of it.

~Emily

deltawave
Jul. 22, 2011, 04:41 PM
He is gorgeous. Not QUITE in my budgetary reach, but was one of the first on my list. :yes:

horsetales
Jul. 22, 2011, 08:03 PM
Whats not to love :) I looked hard at doing a Fred baby with my RIDSH mare, but she is going into work instead when we wean

NRB
Jul. 22, 2011, 09:19 PM
my goodness he's 17hh that's huge for us short little ladies. But he is nice.

Hey Emily, I am shopping at the moment, know any Sail Away clones in your area? (you know Sailor from GFS?)

GreyStreet
Jul. 22, 2011, 10:26 PM
Drool. I keep wondering where my money tree is...

kcmel
Jul. 23, 2011, 08:17 AM
I stand corrected. I thought it was Virginia! I want to visit this farm!

GingerJumper
Jul. 23, 2011, 08:42 AM
This is one of those moments when I need to get a letter in the mail from a long lost and now dead rich uncle's estate manager person saying he'd left me everything and a farm...

Although now that I've said that, some rich uncle will come out of the woodwork and be found dead and they'll suspect me. That's just the kind of day I'm having.

Fred
Jul. 23, 2011, 12:11 PM
Ok let me first say... I have no connection to this horse. I was only playing on Dreamhorse.com

That being said.... Ohhhh my Gosh.... So wrong. Gail why do you allow such beautiful babies to come along and tempt us???? :)

http://www.dreamhorse.com/show_horse.php?form_horse_id=1699223

Someone with more time and $$$$$ please go grab this guy!!!

Seriously am yearning for a Fred baby. One day...... one day.

~Emily

;)

That is Blarney and that is Unionville, Laurel's Forge the beautiful farm of our own COTH member and my dear friend mbj.
I know they are hoping for a wonderful new home for their beautiful boy (who just happens to be one of the very few grey AFR's too).

Xctrygirl
Jul. 23, 2011, 12:19 PM
I know its confusing, but the pics/video are from Laurel Hill farm. Laurels Forge is at the bottom of the hill. LHF is at the top. :-)

~Emily

Weatherford
Jul. 24, 2011, 02:25 PM
Oh, Fred on the top and CARRABAWN VIEW / TB on the bottom... HEAVENLY!!! I wish he were HERE in Ireland (and I wish I could afford him!!!)

Carrabawn View was a classic old RID - Irish draughts aren't big like other draft breeds, but he was big and a REAL sweetie!! His babies are wonderful and they can all JUMP. And we ALL know FRED!!

This would make a FABULOUS horse for someone....

<sigh>

enjoytheride
Jul. 24, 2011, 03:15 PM
Nice horse, I liked the sales video. Shows his gaits, his flying changes, and jumping. From the video he looks like a horse that needs a lot of leg.

Lynnwood
Jul. 24, 2011, 03:58 PM
Ditto. I so want a horse to fox hunt !!

Weatherford
Jul. 25, 2011, 02:45 PM
Oh, I saw a very nice, big Last News (Good Twist grandson - fabulous breeding, a line that is almost lost) baby (5 yr old gelding) today (for sale, as all horses in Ireland are). Just out of the field, kind of gangly (!), but nice mover, good stride, and rhythm.... but attitude?? To DIE for!! Quiet, trying hard to figure things out, and just nice. Probably won't come into his own for a couple of years - needs to go hunting and jump around little courses and gymnastics. But will make someone a very nice horse....( No, I am NOT buying - I have 11 already....) :lol: And significantly cheaper than the Fred baby, even with shipping to the US.... :lol:

EventMore
Jul. 25, 2011, 06:27 PM
OOOh, I think the Last News sounds great. I would LOVE to find a horse like that. Not sure I could buy without seeing it in person though...

Fred
Aug. 15, 2011, 07:43 AM
Oh, Fred on the top and CARRABAWN VIEW / TB on the bottom... HEAVENLY!!! I wish he were HERE in Ireland (and I wish I could afford him!!!)

Carrabawn View was a classic old RID - Irish draughts aren't big like other draft breeds, but he was big and a REAL sweetie!! His babies are wonderful and they can all JUMP. And we ALL know FRED!!

This would make a FABULOUS horse for someone....

<sigh>

Thank you for all the kind comments about Blarney.
I had an email from Babette and Blarney now has a wonderful new home.

Kairoshorses
Aug. 15, 2011, 10:51 AM
Yeah! Temptation removed!

Weatherford, I have my "horse of a lifetime" originally from Ireland. He's with me forever. But if I outlive him, I'd get another one from there in a heartbeat. I'm a huge fan now.

Xctrygirl
Aug. 15, 2011, 10:54 AM
Yay for Blarney!!

Was it a COTH'er??? Anyone??

~Emily