PDA

View Full Version : Nunn Finer American Style Boots on TOTD - anyone have them?

jenm
Jul. 22, 2011, 02:57 PM
The TOTD price seems good after doing some comparisons on other websites.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks!

deltawave
Jul. 22, 2011, 03:28 PM
I just ordered a pair, so I am going on the reputation, the cost, and the fact that come hell or high water I am soon to own a new horse and he or she will need new boots, right? :D

So far New Horse has a saddle, a new pad, and now new XC boots. I just need to pick out the ACTUAL HORSE next. :p

Actually I virtually never buy boots without personally examining and fondling them first. These I have seen, touched, and liked. :)

jenm
Jul. 22, 2011, 03:35 PM
LOL, deltawave, I like your endorsement.

Good luck in your search for a horse, I hope you aren't waiting for TOTD to feature one! :lol:;)

GotSpots
Jul. 22, 2011, 03:47 PM
I've had them for years and regularly run XC in them. They're not as light as some of the newer brands/boots, but for an old-school boot, they've held up pretty well. The tendon guard tends to work very well and they are easy to clean up post-show.

GutsNGlory
Jul. 22, 2011, 04:55 PM
I have two full sets, front and back, of the older version of these (the ones that say Nunn Finer in big white letters on the top strap). I LOVE them. I've had them for a good number of years now (at least 10-12) and they have held up very well. I definitely recommend them! :)

PonyGal08
Jul. 22, 2011, 05:44 PM
I've had my pair for over 10 years now. Love them!

Toadie's mom
Jul. 22, 2011, 06:11 PM
If I hadn't JUST bought new boots I would get these. I bought Style back boots in England in '93 and they finally wore out last year (the inside lining got some tiny tears). I highly reccommend them!

elizabeth Callahan
Jul. 22, 2011, 06:36 PM
They wear very well - I've had mine for almost 10 years until the tendon guard broke but they are heavier and hotter than some of the new styles

Brodie805
Jul. 22, 2011, 08:44 PM
I'm curious as to know how the boots fit for everyone since they only come in one size.. I use them on my guy who's 14.3 with slim-ish cannon bones. His hind boots seem to slip on him on xc which I'm not surprised about since he's a small horse but I wish they stayed put. Does anyone have any tricks to get boots to not slip as much?