PDA

View Full Version : Heat reflecting roof coating for run-in?

BarnBrat
Jul. 22, 2011, 11:14 AM
Has anyone ever tried using a product like this (http://www.hytechsales.com/index.html) to help keep a run in shed cooler? I'm getting a carport to use as a run-in shed and I'm wondering if using a coating like this would help keep the temp down under the shed? What do you all think?

MediaMD
Jul. 22, 2011, 12:48 PM
This is REALLy intriguing. Love to know if it would work on a metal roofed barn. Thanks for the link. I'm hoping others have tried it and can testify if it's worthwhile.

Bluey
Jul. 22, 2011, 02:25 PM
Our metal barn is silver galvalume metal.
Yesterday, it was 103 outside and 92 under there.

Some have painted an off white rubber like paint on shingles and metal roofs that leak, don't know how that would work for insulation.
Interesting.

That didn't work for leaks, they tell me, it didn't last long, started cracking by the second year.

I would guess plain spray on insulation would be better, but don't know if the cost would be similar.

jbonifas
Jul. 22, 2011, 05:06 PM
Evangline Training Center in Lafayette, Louisiana used a product called Sta-Cool Roof Coating. It worked pretty good there.

Bacchus
Jul. 26, 2011, 10:48 AM
I'm going to paint the roof of my horse trailer with an elastomeric coating. It's supposed to keep the trailer much cooler. Good reviews of it on horsetrailerworld.com forums. I'm buying one they carry at Lowe's, but they were out of it when I went to buy it:( I'm sure if it works for a horse trailer it will work for a run-in shed.

ponygirl
Jul. 26, 2011, 01:47 PM
Has anyone ever tried using a product like this (http://www.hytechsales.com/index.html) to help keep a run in shed cooler? I'm getting a carport to use as a run-in shed and I'm wondering if using a coating like this would help keep the temp down under the shed? What do you all think?

Interesting. I've never heard of this company and I've lived here in the Melbourne area for over 20 yrs.