PDA

View Full Version : Rebecca Farm

Hunt'sEndFarm
Jul. 22, 2011, 10:50 AM
Who does everyone think will win the 3* this year?

I'm hoping for Allison and Arthur, love them!

Does anyone know who photographer is this year/was last year?

misita
Jul. 23, 2011, 05:04 PM
They're doing great! Soo impressed. At this point I think they have a great chance of winning.

Who is Arthur? Can you tell me about him a little?

OverandOnward
Jul. 23, 2011, 06:42 PM
Hoping someone can explain the T3D scoring for me - as it appears now. Don't know much about scoring it ... didn't find the info on the web.

http://eventingscores.com/eventsr/rebecca/ht0711/phase2_select.php?division=2&order=place

As it appears at this moment, obviously not all the penalty points added to the cumulative score are showing on the chart. Anyone know about that? Perhaps missed Phase A & C markers, or something? A few examples are #'s 162, 160, 166 (all together placing 11-12-13 after xc.) And showing in 21st place after xc, #170 has 247.1 points.

Thanks for the information. I know a rider who looks like she moved up quite a lot since dressage, fingers-crossed that the placings on this chart are correct for her sake. :)

OverandOnward
Jul. 23, 2011, 06:44 PM
p.s. Go Allison & Arthur! Yay Snip!

3* xc everyone jumped clean, no one made the time (although some were very close.) Any remarks by those who saw it? :)

CBudFrggy
Jul. 23, 2011, 09:49 PM
The video tour on eventingnation was awesome. It was shot via a remote control helicopter. Very cool. I felt like I was there.

asterix
Jul. 23, 2011, 10:21 PM
OverandOnward, it's impossible to "explain" those results as posted without a breakdown of the 4 components on XC day. They are just showing results for D in the breakdown, and totals clearly include penalties incurred on A-B-C.

I board at Waredaca, which has hosted a T3d since they began, and I have been on site in some capacity (including riding) every year. Penalties on A-B-C include:
* Missing a marker on A or C
* Refusal on B. Rare, but it happens
* Timing/ scheduling screw up resulting in serious time faults on A or C
* Held in box after C, late to D. Those time faults accrue -- if you are to start D at 3:35 and the vet holds you till 3:37...
* Time faults on B
* Late to A. Rare, but it happens. Again, the clock starts, and if you are not there...

Calvincrowe
Jul. 24, 2011, 12:44 AM
Overandonward

My SIL is in that T3D and said there were mistakes made in the scoring--4 riders were given time penalties and all made inquiries following the posting of the scores. I don't know where that stands at this point. My SIL didn't miss a gate, wasn't held, nothing. Made time on CC. So...not sure what's up.

Heck, she was rung out in dressage for being off course....and wasn't! Had to restart. She was the 12th rider to go in that test. You'd think the judge would have known the test by then:no:

mustangsal85
Jul. 26, 2011, 12:27 PM
They're doing great! Soo impressed. At this point I think they have a great chance of winning.

Who is Arthur? Can you tell me about him a little?

http://allisonspringer.com/horses/

Arthur is a very enigmatic horse. He absolutely skips around the XC but if you watch, he is always finding something to spook at. His run at Rolex looked amazing but he was quite wiggly from spooking here and there. That said, he and Allison are one of my absolute favorite pairs and her patience and hard work with him is to be admired. Unfortunately, as exemplified on Sunday, he can also be one of the most heartbreaking.

Lone
Jul. 26, 2011, 05:41 PM
Does anyone know who the photographer was this year? I'd like to go check out some photos of a few of my friends that were riding

Blugal
Jul. 26, 2011, 07:05 PM
Naismith Images

Bigfork Big photo - I am waiting for some XC to go up - they did an excellent job of dressage - reasonable prices.

Lone
Jul. 26, 2011, 07:19 PM
Thanks Blugal!

Blugal
Aug. 8, 2011, 11:53 AM
I hesitated to post this, as I was hoping my tack would turn up, but it has not.

On the Saturday of XC at Rebecca Farm, I had a fall XC and when I left the cool-out area, could not carry my bucket of tack. I left it with a group who said they would take it back to stabling, but for whatever reason, that did not happen. When I returned to the field in the early evening, the gray 5 gallon pail was there, with my sponges in the bottom, but not tack.

My bridle had my number on it (#29) so an "innocent" mistake is hard to claim.

Missing:
-Brown round-raised Stubben bridle with slow twist snaffle
-Brown round-raised breastplate with running attachment
-Brown adjustable leather girth (large buckle in the middle)
-Bell boots - Large black Classic Equine
-Horse boots - black, open front and closed hinds, very light-weight (won't absorb water), almost styrofoam consistency
-black pimple gloves (cheap)
-blue whip (cheap)

If anyone has any information, or if this tack accidentally ended up at your barn, please let me know!

mustangsal85
Aug. 8, 2011, 04:48 PM
Wow, I hope someone turns it up!!! And I hate to think that someone would steal a whole pile of tack. But sadly anything is possible. Very low.

lurker
Aug. 8, 2011, 11:15 PM
Especially for eventers at Rebecca Farms! I have fingers crossed that your tack WILL show up. People picked it up but didn't know who to give it too. Front desk is optimum but still . . . I found several shoes on my x-c last walk and I turned them in. I have lost shoes myself!

TB or not TB?
Aug. 9, 2011, 02:23 AM
I lost a lovely turquoise ring there, too. Hard to misplace as the turquoise was the size of my thumb. :no: On the off chance...

I'm sorry Blugal :(

Blugal
Aug. 10, 2011, 10:53 AM
Sarah Kelly was great, she let me announce it at the competitor's party, but I'm afraid the party was winding up by then. I also left a list of items missing at the office, and reported it to the police. Unfortunately homeowners' insurance had too high a deductible to make a claim worthwhile for me :(

Foxtrot's
Aug. 10, 2011, 11:47 AM
Some people - disgusting.... Years ago I lost a custom made jockey stick at the old Mountain Meadows. I know where I dropped it (between the warm up ring and the start box) and it had my name and phone number on the handle. Never showed up, either. It's not the loss, but that people stoop so low.