PDA

View Full Version : Finding good help - help!

Hunter Mom
Jul. 20, 2011, 10:45 PM
We have two awesome boys who work at our barn. Both graduated high school in May, and both of them seem to think that higher education is a better option than staying and working for our barn shoveling poop for little more than minimum wage. :(

Seriously, though, we are SO going to miss them. Previous attempts at using CL haven't been awesome in their results, so I was wondering - where do you find GOOD barn help?

bluemooncowgirl
Jul. 21, 2011, 11:41 AM
We have two awesome boys who work at our barn. Both graduated high school in May, and both of them seem to think that higher education is a better option than staying and working for our barn shoveling poop for little more than minimum wage. :(

Seriously, though, we are SO going to miss them. Previous attempts at using CL haven't been awesome in their results, so I was wondering - where do you find GOOD barn help?

How dare them fellers wanna further them-their edukayshuns at kolegge. Seriously? You mean a horse job isn't the best choice for a financially secure future??

I was "found" for my current barn job through word of mouth. A boarder at the barn asked a mutual friend to spread the verbal word they were looking for good help. Mutual friend contacted me and the rest is history. I <3 my barn job!! But, I am a middle aged female who is done with higher education and a wee bit more stable in my life right now.

Anyway, if you want high schoolers and the local school has a farm management curriculum, preferably with a Future Farmers of America chapter, they may also be a good resource for you.

Good luck with it.

Nes
Jul. 21, 2011, 11:48 AM
There are a couple sites that specialize in equine jobs, you can google them.

GL!