PDA

View Full Version : One Tuff Oop

d2dfarm
Jul. 20, 2011, 03:38 PM
I am not sure if this should go under this forum or another but I currently own one of his 7 offsprings that he has had and I am in love with her temperament and I am wanting to get another one of his foals or at least meet them. In particular I am looking for Watch My Legs who is a full sister to my mare. His other foals are I Ama Oop, If Its Meant To Be, Jeffersontonbabe, Klink and Oop Oopy Do. If anyone has information about any of these horses I would love to know. Thanks!

caffeinated
Jul. 20, 2011, 04:22 PM
Jeffersonton Babe was sold off the track to a lady in Connecticut. Random, but I happened to recognize the name, we listed her on CANTER last fall.

The other ones I don't recognize. I would expect there would be more offspring than that, though, or are those just the ones in the area?

eta: here's an old thread here about him, and also looks like Klink was sold through CANTER PA:

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3871330

Acertainsmile
Jul. 20, 2011, 07:45 PM
I galloped One Tuff Oop for quite a few yrs, and also one of his babies. Oop was not a very nice horse temperment wise, but his son was much better!

Cant help you with any of his offspring though, maybe the farm where he stood can?

jenarby
Jul. 20, 2011, 09:55 PM
I can get you contact info for the last person that owned him. He had to be euthanized a few years ago. He had a tumor in his nasal passage that kept growing. FWIW he DID turn out to be a super nice, super quiet guy once he reached his final home in VA. They ADORED him, rode him around the farm and their son used to feed him peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
I remember cooling him out at the track and having him bite, bite,bite non stop. He was pretty bad back then. Sounds like he really mellowed out with age.

Found it....

bethb23@hotmail.com
Her name is Beth Worton.

jenarby
Jul. 20, 2011, 09:56 PM
Oops....just realized I typed all that out on the first thread. SOrry for the repeat info!

d2dfarm
Jul. 26, 2011, 03:51 PM
Thanks! I know I emailed Beth Worton when I first got Karmega and she owned one of them but not sure which one and said they were going to do dressage!

saerbear
Nov. 17, 2011, 11:09 PM
I am currently leasing Klink, one his babies. He is fabulous, and doing 3ft hunters in Quebec. Love him! Such a nice temperament :)

Schiffon
Nov. 18, 2011, 09:46 PM
OMG, I think your mare was a weaning buddy with my 2005 colt! She lived at my farm until it was time to go for training back at Horseshoe Hill. I'm wracking my brain on what she was called at the time. My husband Mike did some of their breeding work.

I am SOO glad she is in a good home, I had told Stephanie that she could have a home with me after racing because I loved the filly, but that was about the time they quit breeding so we lost touch. Mike says he is a FB friend with her still so we could see if she knows about the whereabouts of the full sister.

Do you have any pics?

alspharmd
Nov. 19, 2011, 12:36 AM
Here's Klink's CANTER PA Success Stories listing (http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4386:klink&catid=198:pennsylvania-success-stories)

d2dfarm
Nov. 19, 2011, 10:21 AM
Klink is gorgeous!! How tall is he? My girl is around 17.2 hands. When I first got her in 2009 she was 17 and after a couple months she went from a horse halter to a small draft halter! She is super quiet except during the winter she hates the cold and is crazy but every TB I have owned was like that in the winter and she was down in GA when I brought her too! Spring, summer and fall she is dead quiet packs my little sister who rides walk/trot around the ring hunt seat and western! She doesn't enjoy western but tolerates it. Last year I did the 3' adult hunters equitation and medals with her and this year I moved her up to the 3'3 A/O hunters and 3' medals. We only showed twice in the A/O hunters because we were tight on money but we are top 5 in year end for our local associations and 11th in USEF zones!

I cant get links for pictures and such since I'm on my phone but if you go to YouTube and search d2dfarm1 there are videos of her

I would love to find out where her sister is!

Acertainsmile
Nov. 19, 2011, 11:25 PM
Ran across another well buried pic of Oop and I, just thought I'd share! Glad to hear that is babies are doing so well!

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r237/missoceana22/Oop.jpg

saerbear
Nov. 30, 2011, 04:30 PM
Klink is a hair shy of 16.3! He is a dream to ride, beyond quiet, well mannered and loves his job.
She is gorgeous and really athletic, must run in the family :)