PDA

View Full Version : Shipping from Colorado to NY

schneidepc
Jul. 19, 2011, 09:46 PM
If all goes well with PPE I'll be needing to arrange shipping for a horse from Colorado to Western New York State in the next few weeks. Any recommendations on reliable high quality shippers would be appreciated.

schneidepc
Jul. 22, 2011, 09:37 AM
so no responses. How about another question -- just let me know cross country shippers that you would recommend.

Timex
Jul. 22, 2011, 09:44 AM
I've got 3 horses shipping in from Co to my farm for a new boarder. They're getting picked up today, when the owner calls me today, I'll get the shipper name for you

Nes
Jul. 22, 2011, 09:56 AM
I haven't used her yet, but I will be shortly!

Mary Mykytyn
613-822-0375 home
613-867-7447 cell
214-789-0817 US cell

Very nice, very professional, lovely trailer.
I know she's got a trip going that way in the next few weeks too, but I think it may be full.

coloredcowhorse
Jul. 22, 2011, 10:09 AM
Check Paul Lynch, 4RailHorseTransport.com. He's bringing a full trailer to me in early August (Wisconsin and Iowa to Nevada) and I don't know what his load is going back. Should be going back about Aug 5 or 6 (picking up Aug 1 in Wisconsin and figuring 3-4 days to haul depending on weather...will lay up in daytime and haul at night if really hot).

spotmenow
Jul. 22, 2011, 04:17 PM
DDP High Desert Equine Transport

http://ddpricepaints.homestead.com/

EXCELLENT care, communication, and horsemanship. I had two horses come in from Texas (I'm in Eastern NY) for boarding via this company in May...I highly recommend them.

Phaxxton
Jul. 22, 2011, 06:02 PM
I've used Brook Ledge (http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/www.brookledge.com) before and had excellent experiences. Their web site says they do weekly trips to Colorado. :yes:

fine*and*dandy
Jul. 22, 2011, 06:51 PM
I just used Equine Express and will continue to use them from now on. Fabulous service, great communication and they took wonderful care of the horse. I paid for a stall and a half and received a box stall at no extra charge since they had the space.

I used Brook Ledge last year and while they took good care of the pony ( the most important thing, of course), I was not at all happy with their customer service. The cs person was rude, they kept delaying shipment and then at the last minute refused to pick up at our barn and made us transport pony to a pickup point. I had paid for him to be picked up at the barn, and not only would they not issue a credit for that, they were extremely rude and nasty when I asked.

Phaxxton
Jul. 22, 2011, 07:17 PM
My CS experience with Brook Ledge was the exact opposite. They were really wonderful to work with. That said, I've only used them twice, so take my experiences for what they are worth - just my experiences.

The one annoying thing about them is that they tend not to give a pick-up date until 24-48 hours before pick up. With me, they worked within a one-week timeframe, but my route did not involve CO to the east coast. I did, however, find it annoying not to have a firm date from the get-go. However, I didn't have many options b/c no one else would work with me for the route I needed.

Flap15
Jul. 23, 2011, 07:35 AM
I also had a horse picked up in CO and used Brookledge. When the horse finally arrived, it was in good condition but the company was not at all truthful on how the journey would go. They told the original owner in CO that the horse would be driven straight to destination without a layover. The next thing we know it is at their layover facility in KY for over 3 days. The main office either was not communicating with their office in KY or they didn't have any trucks available to go further but wanted my business anyway. They were brushing off my inquiries as to when the horse would finally be delivered and I also found the customer service to be quite unpleasant.

cyriz's mom
Jul. 23, 2011, 05:02 PM
I used Brookledge once...years ago...they "lost" my horse for three days and then called me every hour saying they would be there in an hour for 8 hours. Lovely having to walk a 3 y.o. OTTB 1/2 mile down a drive at 3 am...NOT

Equine Express usually does a good job, but the last two trips I tried to book were a nightmare. And after getting the runaround, I used someone else.

I do highly recommend Cox Horse Transport out of Gainesville, TX. I have a 2 y.o. in transit with them right now and they've hauled a couple others for me from East coast to Texas and all arrived in great shape with good communication from the drivers.

englishcowgirl
Jul. 23, 2011, 05:52 PM
You want to use Nation Wide Horse Transport out of Colorado Springs Colorado. I shipped my mare from Pennsylvania (on the NJ, NY boarder) to Denver last year. They have air ride semi trucks and got her here in two days. She got water and hay refills ever 4 to 6 hours and they call when they enter the state and hour before drop off. My mare was in great shape for that long of a ride and was very chill when they got her off like the whole thing was no big deal. I would highly recommend them.

schneidepc
Jul. 26, 2011, 10:29 PM
Thanks for all the responses. As it turns out the PPE identified an issue which was a surprise to everyone involved and so I ended up not buying the horse. So now my horse shopping continues ....