PDA

View Full Version : Championship question

DutchDressageQueen
Jul. 19, 2011, 03:22 PM
Are you allowed to ride 2 horses in the same class?( GAIG/USDF Region 3 Championships third level JR/YR)

Thanks,
DDQ

rprincess73
Jul. 19, 2011, 04:08 PM
Here is the link to the rules for the Regional Championships:

http://www.usdf.org/docs/ShowFlash/web/RegionalChamp/RCRules.pdf

I read through it and the only thing I could find about JR/YR, particularly speaking of rider/horse combinations is this:

18. Championship classes for juniors and young riders and Dressage Seat Medal Semi-Finals classes must only be held on weekends, including Friday. Juniors and young riders’ entries (horse/rider combinations) are limited to entry in only two championship classes, excluding freestyle.

I read the above to mean that you can only enter 2 classes (i.e. 2nd and 3rd). Nowhere did I find it stating that you could or could not ride 2 horses in the same class. As long as you qualified on both horses - you should be able to ride them.

Good luck! I'll be there cheering everyone on:)

Applecore
Jul. 19, 2011, 04:10 PM
Yep - riders may ride as many horses as they can qualify :yes: . You can only ride one division per horse (so you can't ride the same horse in both the open and Jr/YR championship classes).

A horse, however, can only be ridden by one rider at the championship show (so, for instance, trainer and client can't both show at the GAIGs if the horse is entered in a championship class, even if the horse qualified with both riders).

Edited to add: see point C-13 on rprincess' link : 13. There is no limit on the number of horses on which a rider may qualify.