PDA

View Full Version : Spinoff: Relaunch - In Reality/The Axe

Gry2Yng
Jul. 18, 2011, 04:04 PM
Anyone have any offspring of Relaunch? Noticed him in the conf critique. In Reality is known for the jump and The Axe for throwing a dressage horse. He is an older stallion and probably not up close much these days. Just curious.

huntingcreek
Jul. 18, 2011, 04:24 PM
I have a gelding that I do hunters with and can he crack his back over a fence!Apptly named "Out to Launch"! Only complaint is BAD feet - white and thin walled. Great attitude (pocket puppy) and work ethic, but still acts like a two year old when you're not paying attention! Decent mover for a hunter, won't win but will place at the better shows. Will never do upper level dressage, but up to 2nd level would be fine. With him you can't say the word "show" or he'll end up throwing a shoe, hanging on top of the fence, or in some manner hurting himself.

Highflyer
Jul. 18, 2011, 05:14 PM
I doubt there are a whole lot of Relaunch offspring left, wouldn't he be really old at this point? I've had several Waquoits, and they tend to be decent horses, but very big and slow to develop physically and mentally.

MightyBobbyMagee
Jul. 18, 2011, 05:28 PM
My gelding (Eagles Hill) has Relaunch as his broodmare sire. Great jump, very scopey, and rock solid feet. But I don't know how much of that comes from his female line and how much for the male.

vineyridge
Jul. 19, 2011, 10:55 AM
Relaunch has one of the absolutely top TB tail female line in sport. Spotted Beauty and her descendants are often very special. She was also the dam of Dark Tiger (in Laudanum's damsire line) and Heliodorus. I was looking at him the other day and thinking that he should have been a good sire for the jumping pursuits. But he also has a bit of a reputation for less than optimal long term soundness.

This is one line where it would be very interesting to cross on the tail female.

Eventer-n-SC
Jul. 19, 2011, 06:07 PM
I've got a 7 year old gelding with In Reality in there somewhere. Do you have any other info on In Reality?

OTTB FTW
Jul. 19, 2011, 07:30 PM
I have The Axe through Hatchet Man who produced Silk Splitter(mare) - Tom's Sister Joann(dam) - my horse. (not sure how to explain it properly - my horse's great grandfather was The Axe. Not Relaunch, but for whatever its worth, have yet to do a dressage test without the comment "lovely horse", and positive comments about her movement. Not sure what the influence is that far back, although my horse looks a LOT like Hatchet Man.

Still kicking myself for not picking up a half-sib of hers on the track that I saw. Had the In Reality line on top. Same Dam as my mare.