PDA

View Full Version : Time to Shake Things Up! Classic ROCK Music Added to Equimusic.com

Mike Matson
Jul. 18, 2011, 11:20 AM
Enough of the techno-symphonic snoozefest freestyles! :sleepy:

Let's shake it up with some foot stomping and body shaking AC/DC, ZZ Top, Boston, Judas Priest, and Bachman-Turner Overdrive! :cool:

With titles like "It's a Long Way to the Top", "Thunderstruck", "Sharp Dressed Man", "Smokin'", "You've Got Another Thing Coming", and "Taking Care of Business" you know these are perfect for rocking the freestyle arena! :yes:

And if you poo-poo lyrics, well each of these selections have hot instrumental tracks which you can edit into a freestyle!

So go check out the music videos for these latest additions on www.equimusic.com

paulaedwina
Jul. 18, 2011, 11:22 AM
My list includes Black Eyed Peas "Boom Boom Pow" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m48GqaOz90

Paula

LarkspurCO
Jul. 18, 2011, 11:45 AM
I would love to do an AC/DC freestyle using the real music from Back in Black.

I would also love to do something with Harry Nilsson from Nilsson Schmilsson album so I could use the Coconut song during the walk phase.

GimmeQs
Jul. 18, 2011, 04:40 PM
Do you say somewhere what the bpm these latest additions are? Besides searching via bpm to find them?

Mike Matson
Jul. 18, 2011, 04:48 PM
The bpms are listed with the new additions on the home page of www.equimusic.com See "Latest Additions" insert box on the upper right of the home page. No searching required. :)

LookmaNohands
Jul. 18, 2011, 06:14 PM
I was just listening to Queen today and wondering if it would work for my horse Xcel if I ever get him far enough to need it.

Love Queen! I named one of my horses, "A Kind of Magic" after a Queen song.

Don't know if any of it would fit him or not. It is funny how they just "perk up" to some music and not others.

I never dreamed that Darth Vader's theme would be perfect for Harry but it was!

I hope I need music for Xcel some day. I will contact you if I do!
:D

dragonharte8
Jul. 18, 2011, 07:04 PM
Mr. Matson;
Have you heard this piece?
"Rubikon" by Piotr Rubik

Mike Matson
Jul. 18, 2011, 07:31 PM
dragonharte8, thank you for the suggestion! I went out and listened to the piece. I may add it into my data base after I listen to other selections by the artist and time out the bpms for the dominant downbeat to determine if they are within the bpm range of horses' gaits.

Bats79
Jul. 19, 2011, 08:52 AM
How do you get the dominant beat out of something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krK7Q49o6uA

It has such an obvious beat - is that the dominant one?

Mike Matson
Jul. 19, 2011, 10:30 AM
Yes, that is the dominant one. Unfortunately, like a lot of music, it is in the 60s bpm range, which is higher than most horses' walk bpm and slower than most horses' trot bpm.

TwoBrooksFarm
Jul. 19, 2011, 10:45 AM
Last year I did a first level freestyle with Lynyrd Skynyrd music refine by the Vitamin String Quartet. Came out really cool and it was so fun watching everyone realize what songs they were listening to. :-) There are also free programs online that allow you to adjust the songs a bit to change the bpm's.

WBLover
Jul. 20, 2011, 09:37 AM
I have always wanted to do a freestyle to Bohemian Rhapsody/Queen. In fact, my former horse was named Bohemian Rhapsody, alas I had to sell him and never did the freestyle with him. And his new owner changed his name.... :(

But it doesn't mean I can't do it one day with my new horse, and I will!!!

paulaedwina
Jul. 20, 2011, 10:52 AM
I think "Princes of the Universe" might be cooler than Bohemian Rhapsody http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkeGMaq0O98

Paula