PDA

View Full Version : Pad Recommendations for Aussie Saddle

qhwpmare
Jul. 13, 2011, 09:04 PM
Just purchased Kimberly Synthetic Aussie. It is soooo comfy, much nicer than expected for the price. Now I need a pad to go under it and haven't seen anything that I like. Don't need pockets, more concerned with the comfort of my horse.:)

paulaedwina
Jul. 13, 2011, 09:47 PM
I'm looking at this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001IMC16/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATPTY5SOCTDGP

I thought at first the pocket was silly, but then I thought about what you could carry in them on the trail!

Paula

cloudy18
Jul. 13, 2011, 11:34 PM
You'll probably be pretty happy with something like that. If your saddle has serge panels you don't need much for a pad. When I used an Aussie I just used a square thin wool felt pad.

threesacharm
Aug. 1, 2011, 12:17 AM
I use a Supracor pad with mine - the material is used in hospitals to prevent sores on patients..it's a "space-age" plasticy material, but so easy to clean - just hose off or take into the shower with you and step on it to squish dirt out. It allows so much air circulation you won't believe it and it doesn't slip around. The only drawback is that they aren't cheap! :~( Worth it though...

Mersy
Aug. 2, 2011, 01:45 AM
I like the Supracor too, never a hair out of place. Works well under my Aussie. I paid just under $200 for a used one from a friend and have not regretted it one bit.