PDA

View Full Version : Lendon Gray's Youth Dressage Festival Rocks

ptownevt
Jul. 11, 2011, 01:48 PM
I took my daughter to LYDF for the first time this past weekend. What a wonderful experience! She made new friends with really nice kids, got 2 free mini-lessons with their "Roving Trainers", and rode her very first test in competition with Betsy Steiner! I really can't say enough about what a wonderful organization this is. I am grateful that my daughter had the opportunity to get such valuable feedback in such a supportive environment. It was a blast!

Lendon Gray
Jul. 12, 2011, 07:56 AM
Thank you for your kind words. Your daughter's experience is exactly why our amazing committee works so hard all year long on this show. We are blessed to have such generous volunteers. Hope to see you again next year.

Oberon13
Jul. 12, 2011, 08:51 AM
My good friend competed there for the second time this year, and she can't say ENOUGH good things about it! She loves the atmosphere, the cooperation, the friendships. She mentioned walking into the written test and just loving seeing all these young riders studying and thinking and learning. What a marvelous environment!

Thanks, Lendon, for putting your energies into the youngsters. And, thanks to the volunteers!

saxony
Jul. 12, 2011, 08:54 AM
I third this sentiment!! My two daughters didn't go this year but they have competed there for the previous two years. What an incredible event for kids. It really is an incredible experience!!

walktrot
Jul. 12, 2011, 12:24 PM
Our b/o took three of our kids there (a long drive from Maine!) and they had a blast. One of them took 8th place in her division and won a ribbon and some polos. What a great event, and thank you, Lendon, on behalf of the kids at our barn!

ptownevt
Jul. 12, 2011, 01:52 PM
I didn't use to think that my daughter had much of a chance to pursue dressage because of our lack of finances. That is until Dressage 4 Kids. Between the educational weekend in the winter, the Youth Dressage Festival (with its opportunities for learning), the availability of scholarships and, now, the Emerging Athlete Program, D4K provides a great deal of opportunity and support for kids regardless of their financial position. Why we even got 2 pairs of white Pikeur breeches for $5 each at the festival. That's a heck of a deal. Now, my daughter can go as far as she wants to in dressage.