PDA

View Full Version : Need for Tall Riding Shirts

europa
Jul. 11, 2011, 01:17 PM
Someone out there in manufacturing needs to be making tech shirts and riding shirts long enough to be tucked in. For us long waisted people it is really frustrating!!!!

Anyone know of any brands that run long for the uber long waisted?

HCF
Jul. 11, 2011, 01:35 PM
I am very long waisted and I have a bunch of the Royal Highness show shirts (5 or 6, I think). They fit very well and do stay tucked in on me. I also cannot wear anything but a regular or high rise breech. No low rise for me!

http://thehorseofcourse.com/Royal-Highness-Lexington-Show-Shirt.html

c'est moi
Jul. 11, 2011, 01:53 PM
I have this problem too! Thanks for the link

Velvet
Jul. 11, 2011, 02:06 PM
Same here. Shirts not long enough, pants to short. And recently, everyone seems to be designing the crotches for those who are short waisted. Honestly, a LONG used to be in the waist. Now it MIGHT mean the legs are longer. Who wants to wear breeches that catch them in the crotch or look, er, um, indecent when you're not on the horse? I have no idea where they get off with a one size fits all mentality and changing that one size up and down to suit someone who works at the factory.

I say we get more variety. There have to be enough riders to warrant it. It's like my favorite breeches. It took me months to find something new (blew through the old show breeches) and I suddenly find that they are not making them anymore. Not that they fit perfectly, but they were closer than anything I'd found in a while.

Stratosphere
Jul. 15, 2011, 04:57 PM
I am 6 feet tall, thin, and quite long-waisted and have definitely had a hard time finding a show shirt that will stay tucked in. Well, yesterday my new Romfh Tempo Dressage shirt (new style for this year) arrived and, hallelujah, it fits perfectly. It's plenty long to tuck in and stay tucked, even on 6' me--definitely check it out.

I got mine at Adams in all white (the blue side panels also look nice but I wanted to stick with the traditional) and Dover also carries it.

http://www.adamshorsesupply.com/browse.cfm/4,9319.html

I ordered it because of this product description (and it turned out to be TRUE!):
"The Romfh® Tempo Dressage Short Sleeve Show Shirt has been updated for better fit. This show shirt is slightly more fitted through the body, with a longer cut for easier tucking."

My other show shirt is the Romfh Classic Show Shirt and it is a fantastic cooling shirt, but is not long enough and has issues with coming un-tucked on me when I raise my hands over my head.