PDA

View Full Version : Dressage at Lexington?

trooper345
Jul. 11, 2011, 01:09 PM
Anyone going, showing? I am so excited, I look forward to this show every year, especially the sporthorse auction! I have my eye on one particularly nice mare....:D

mimiwenk
Jul. 11, 2011, 06:39 PM
Great show. It looks like the aweful heat will be finished by this weekend. Have fun!

fivesocks
Jul. 11, 2011, 08:27 PM
Whoa...do they ever do ponies in the auction???? Is it too late to sign up ;-) ? Is this new? I did DAL a few times probably 6-8 ys ago and I don't remember any auction

3020HV
Jul. 12, 2011, 03:42 PM
I'm going! Just to watch. Can't wait!

dressagediosa
Jul. 12, 2011, 04:51 PM
Team Sprieser will be there - 8 horses, from Training Level to Grand Prix. Whew! :)

Sancudo
Jul. 12, 2011, 05:50 PM
I'll be there!!!! My horse and my first show in two and half years, and our debut at 3rd. We've had a rough go of it with injuries, and it'd be a miracle to get my last scores for my Bronze here.

tempichange
Jul. 12, 2011, 08:29 PM
Will be out covering for Dressage Daily, and competing.

ElizaS
Jul. 12, 2011, 09:06 PM
I'll be there, competing 3 horses, and bugging Team Sprieser.

Commander Cody
Jul. 13, 2011, 07:08 AM
Looking Glass Farm will be there with 7, 5 showing and 1 for the auction (yipe - never done an auction before!). Hope the forecast is accurate and the heat lets up for the weekend!

Auction sign up ended maybe 2 weeks ago but I'm sure a sport pony type would have been accepted.

Alison

TMPF
Jul. 13, 2011, 10:21 AM
I'll be leaving first thing in the morning. I love Lexington can't wait to see everyone there.

trooper345
Jul. 13, 2011, 12:44 PM
I'm so excited, looks like the weather really will break for us, 77 on Saturday! :D I have seen ponies in the auction before, would be nice to see some more sport pony entries. Ok, so now I have my eye on two nice mares...lol ****note to self...leave the checkbook at home*** Good luck everyone, see you there!

Picturesque
Jul. 17, 2011, 11:36 AM
Did anyone happen to hear how the sale went? Results? Quality of horses?

carolprudm
Jul. 17, 2011, 12:20 PM
Did anyone happen to hear how the sale went? Results? Quality of horses?

Bump...are the auction results available anywhere yet?

Halfling
Jul. 18, 2011, 08:16 AM
Any idea why there were so many scratches? I wasn't there.

Ginger
Jul. 18, 2011, 09:01 AM
Don't know about the rest of the scratches but have to brag on my friend Tempichange. She got her bronze :), so she didn't need the 4th ride.

eponacelt
Jul. 18, 2011, 09:04 AM
My guess on the scratches was that if people rode well, and got the scores they needed, then they scratched the last ride in order to get out of there early.

I also heard that there was just some bad luck on the part of some riders who had horses come up lame before the show, and scratched for that reason.

trooper345
Jul. 18, 2011, 10:28 AM
Not sure about the scratches either, it was AMAZINGLY nice weather :)

The auction went relatively well I thought, I was surprised at a few that didn't well but I think the fact that the online bidding went down hurt some sellers. We sold 1 of 3 but have some interest in the other 2 from people that looked later and we bought 1! I think Professional Auction generally gets thier results up online within a week.

Had a good show as well, it was nice seeing everyone there!

Skeezix
Jul. 18, 2011, 12:50 PM
After having such a hot week leading up, it was so wonderful to have the weather cooperate so nicely.

I know of two folks that had to scratch their rides due to lameness.

I couldn't stay for the auction, but I heard the lovely Rosenthal mare went for 40, and two of the others went for 29, but that's all I heard about (or that I recall).

Very nice show. It did seem to me that entries were down this year.

RobinL
Jul. 18, 2011, 01:38 PM
PAS doesn't have a good record for getting sales results up this year. Only 1 sale from Jan listed so far....

tempichange
Jul. 18, 2011, 02:11 PM
Don't know about the rest of the scratches but have to brag on my friend Tempichange. She got her bronze :), so she didn't need the 4th ride.

Oi you're too nice. Credit definitely goes to the pony and the team behind us.

canterlope
Jul. 19, 2011, 07:45 AM
Will be out covering for Dressage Daily, and competing.Hey Kelly, this is one of your SHAC teammates. Sorry we never got the chance to meet up (I'm not sure you even knew you were on our team). Anyway, the team (Peck of Pickled Peppers) ended up in third place. I hope you had a good time and made it home safely.

tempichange
Jul. 19, 2011, 08:45 AM
Hey Kelly, this is one of your SHAC teammates. Sorry we never got the chance to meet up (I'm not sure you even knew you were on our team). Anyway, the team (Peck of Pickled Peppers) ended up in third place. I hope you had a good time and made it home safely.

LOL that's fantastic!! I knew I put myself down as a catch all, never knew the request was filled.

Is the Peck going to be out next year?

canterlope
Jul. 20, 2011, 07:32 AM
LOL that's fantastic!! I knew I put myself down as a catch all, never knew the request was filled.

Is the Peck going to be out next year?I hope so! Maybe we can actually meet in person!

tempichange
Jul. 20, 2011, 02:06 PM
I hope so! Maybe we can actually meet in person!

keep in touch! here's my email: tempichange@hotmail.com

Found out the auction results. Top price was RS Rainsong, sold for 40k. Average price was 12,839.