PDA

View Full Version : Is this show approved apparel?

ClassynIvansMom
Jul. 10, 2011, 04:34 PM
I'm an online shopping junkie and I can't resist a sale. I am TRYING to plan on getting my greenie to his first schooling show before the season is out and our goal that MIGHT get achieved is making it to a recognized show in October before the season is over. This particular shirt catches my attention:

http://www.smartpakequine.com/smartpak-cool-tech-show-shirt-9541p.aspx

Yay for 20% off! However, is it approved for showing without a coat? I do have a coat, but reading through the USEF rulebook for dressage doesn't tell me much about whether this specific shirt would be approved for showing without a jacket. The book says "solid or nearly solid colored long or short sleeved shirt". Living in the deep south, we've got temperatures that feel like 107 with the heat index today, so I'm trying to pick show apparel that will be forgiving in our muggy, oppressive heat that is flexible enough for schooling shows, recognized shows, and recognized shows without jackets. So, since this shirt has a collar (as specified is required), is mostly solid, is short sleeved, can be tucked in, does it qualify? It's been way too long since I've needed to know these things.

Highflyer
Jul. 10, 2011, 05:35 PM
Make sure you read the reviews before you order it :)

2tempe
Jul. 10, 2011, 05:37 PM
yes, that shirt should be fine if jackets are waived.

lorilu
Jul. 10, 2011, 08:08 PM
I saw similar shirts worn at the recognized show at Canterbury this weekend. I have also seen the white shirts with colored "arrows" (for want of a better word) along the raglan sleeve seams..... saw them at Silver Sands Recognized show.
L

Beentheredonethat
Jul. 10, 2011, 09:59 PM
Yes, it's legal. I show in a shirt like that.

InWhyCee Redux
Jul. 11, 2011, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the link, OP, I need one too!

friesian4me
Jul. 11, 2011, 11:46 AM
The only problem is the rule states solid colored. So in reality it isn't legal but people are wearing them.

carolprudm
Jul. 11, 2011, 12:06 PM
Doesn't the rule state "nearly" solid?

mickeydoodle
Jul. 11, 2011, 12:49 PM
it is just fine